• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

In Hell I'll be in good company // Reia
    Is it wrong? The feeling of eager hunger I feel when we try to break each other down. Two hungry girls, ready to devour the world, ready to devour anything and anyone that gets in the way. It feels like the sharpening of a blade, whetted on the stone of each other's temper, the sharpness of our tongues ever finer as time goes on. We know deep down what we are doing, and that if we can cut each other, then those who with thinner armor will be eviscerated. 

It's almost as good as blood on my teeth, these words. 

I smile lazily at her snide remark. I don't think there's a soul I've met yet who's accused me of being smart, and I'd like to keep it that way. Why be smart when I can be vicious? No one cares if you're intelligent when you've got them pinned between life and death. I can see for one spilt second that she's considering being done. But what else is there for her to do in these dreary woods? Nothing half so entertaining as this. 

There's an added purr to her voice when she speaks of her husband. The cat that caught the canary, so to speak. My eyes roll with sarcastic disbelief. "The huntress must be hunted, of course. It's only right. I just have trouble believing anyone would go to the trouble of trying to love someone so... very... unlovable." There are times where the best weapon is the truth, and I use it now. Reia was not a creature designed to be loved. Feared, certainly, worshipped, perhaps. But love? "You wouldn't know what to do with love if it bit you on the face." 

Fine scales, so similar to the ones that flow along the lines of my own body, embrace her just the same. She glitters in her own light, and I know that the armor is more than skin deep. She is fire and flame, destroyer and conquerer. As opposite as our elements appear, our purposes lay so closely alongside one another. 

I share a grin of my own at her response, as close to pleasant as we'd been all along. A slight nod of agreement even tilted my head. "Can't expect anyone else to know your worth if you don't know it first." On this we may see eye to eye. 

Pushing against the wall of heat that seems to blanket the pale mare, I see the strike coming too late. It is not a hard bite, the edges of her teeth only briefly meeting the thin skin of my nose. Still, it stings, and I am surprised and keenly alert. The words have barely left her tongue before my own teeth snap at the milky skin of her cheek. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you had a taste for fish."

@[Reia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: In Hell I'll be in good company // Reia - by Rebelle - 01-17-2020, 09:39 PM