• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Pretty butterfly; Oceane

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

There is a number of things she does purely intentionally as a diplomat - but there are, apparently forces at work that she can’t foresee. She had, of course, scouted for the possibility to meet Castile himself at the border, and only moved towards it when these chances were lower - she’d rather befriend more Loessians than just it’s leader, especially since the kingdom was after all, pretty large and pretty populated. Some would call the hills pretty as well - still, she preferred the cleanliness of the Hyaline lake, yet she also knew there was little chance for her to go back and have things the way they were. She was a nomad now, with two younglings underway who would belong to the Island Resort, as much as her last child belonged in Tephra.

And Oceane… she would have the dragon’s child - a child she has seen: a son, winged, not a dragon, but clearly enough his for others to know who’s child the diplomat had carried all this time. A child that might throw Lepis off-balance more than Sochi.

But even if she had seen something like that, surely she would not have spoken it aloud at a first meeting? Confused, she looks at Oceane - not remembering her outburst at all, she searches the woman’s face. ”What did I say?” Amber eyes meet amber eyes, but there is only true shock and concern in the purple woman’s face, and the white mare finds herself explaining what she had not often told anybody else - certainly not someone she didn’t really know yet.

”I see things, sometimes. Present things, future things. That’s how I know your foal is Castile’s son. But unlike the past, the future is not set in stone.” She shakes her head. ”I never knew it came with black-outs and weird predictions, but I would advise you not to worry about it.” Biting her lower lip, Ilma considers. Perhaps she should abort her mission. Live a more secluded life. Influencing others’ emotions like this, especially when meeting pregnant women or young mothers, was probably not a great idea if she had this… ability popping up.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Oceane]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Ilma - 12-26-2019, 09:18 AM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Oceane - 12-29-2019, 11:33 AM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Ilma - 01-13-2020, 07:44 AM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Oceane - 01-14-2020, 06:36 PM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Ilma - 01-15-2020, 08:44 AM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Oceane - 01-19-2020, 11:25 AM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Ilma - 01-22-2020, 10:43 AM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Oceane - 01-24-2020, 10:01 PM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Ilma - 01-27-2020, 02:41 AM
    RE: Pretty butterfly; Oceane - by Oceane - 01-28-2020, 01:20 PM