• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i am here to win this fight, any
    HE DON'T LOOK
    A THING LIKE JESUS
    He is vaguely aware of something moving in his vicinity.
    Not necessarily close enough to warrant him diverting his attention, but close enough that he’s aware they’re there.

He goes on chewing the bitter grass, thinking about how strange it is that sadness should have a taste, and considering the horizon. Until the stranger speaks and he swings his head around to look at her, startled to find that she is much closer than he’d thought.

And perhaps stranger is an understatement. He has seen a great many strange and fantastical thing in his time and travel, but he’s not certain he’s ever seen anything quite like her. He does not bother trying to conceal his surprise. Maybe his mother had taught him once that it’s impolite to stare, but his gaze lingers heavy on the sharp edge of her tail and it takes a concentrated effort to shift it back to her face.

There’s a lot to unpack here,” he says and then forcefully swallows his mouthful of their bitter grass. He studies her face, which is peculiar enough just on its own, and then tilts his head – which suddenly feels really quite ordinary. “You’re certainly unique, huh?” he asks and then exhales a kind of grunt.

Sorry, where are my manners? What I meant to say is, what’s your name?” 
    F L E E

Messages In This Thread
    i am here to win this fight, any - by flee - 02-01-2020, 02:44 PM
    RE: i am here to win this fight, any - by Fiorina - 02-15-2020, 07:40 PM
    RE: i am here to win this fight, any - by flee - 02-22-2020, 10:58 PM
    RE: i am here to win this fight, any - by Fiorina - 02-27-2020, 05:03 PM