• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel hurricanes blowing | lomasi
    i feel
    a bad moon rising
    "It sounds as though your mother educated you in many of the skills required of a diplomat," Lepis replies, internally confirming what she had suspected in the Field. While there are a myriad of tasks required for the successful running of a kingdom, they often fall into the two that she had spoken of earlier: diplomacy and defense. Lepis’ own strength is in the former; battle is not her strong suit. There is no need for it, not with the invisible gifts that she possesses, not with what she had been forced to learn as a young woman.

"And it so happens that we will be taking several diplomatic trips in the next few months, which might be a good chance for you to get your hooves wet, so to speak. Give you a chance to see how diplomacy is done here in Beqanna." Her tone is calm, but her blue-grey eyes are curious as she watches the roan mare. This will not be the first time that Lepis has taken an aspiring young diplomat beneath her wing. The most recent time, the trainee had excelled. Excelled at far too much, but Lepis projects internal peace before her mind can slip too far down an uncomfortable path.

She grows still for a moment, for the projection had not been quite what she anticipated. It was peace, like it should have been, but it felt heavier somehow. Deeper. Odd, she thinks, but dismisses it without the expression on her face or figure ever changing.

"Does that sound like something you might be interested in?" The mare asks. "I plan on visiting Tephra first, but not for a few days. You could have some time to settle into Loess, to see some of the sights and get acquainted with the place. "

@[Lomasi]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    i feel hurricanes blowing | lomasi - by Lepis - 03-28-2020, 05:00 PM
    RE: i feel hurricanes blowing | lomasi - by Lepis - 03-30-2020, 01:07 PM
    RE: i feel hurricanes blowing | lomasi - by Lepis - 03-31-2020, 10:17 PM
    RE: i feel hurricanes blowing | lomasi - by Lepis - 04-04-2020, 11:16 AM