• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  find me in the clouds; any
    She keeps a watchful gaze on the two colts who romp through the open Meadow while glancing respectfully back at the champagne mare and appreciating the kind (and gracious) way she holds herself. Kindness, while something that can be taught, is something as inherent in nature as the way their ancestors had known to flee from predators. It is something that can be taught but it comes off in waves from the mare before her as something as natural as an Ischian tide.

This one, the chestnut mare thinks, would do well in the Diplomatic ranks of Nerine or Taiga.

"It must have been a wonderful place to grow up,” says the copper mare. Ischia is perhaps one of the most beautiful places in Beqanna. Her head tilts a little, remembering something Velkan had once told her. "I hear the beaches glow at night,” she replies. Her smile warms thinking about the way he mentioned the lovely blue glow that illuminated them almost every evening. Nothing like Taiga and her ghosts.

"Did you ever pretend you were dancing across the night sky?” she gently teases as she eyes the soft glow emanating from the cream filly. She could have very well been her own star, lighting up the beaches and waves alike. The smile slips a little on the girls’ face and Lilliana can feel her own expression falter with confusion. What about a place as beautiful as Ischia would make her smile fade?

Perhaps she aches for home. Lilliana knows about those first steps into a new life and what it is like to leave the old one behind you. She still mourns for her childhood home - still grieves for the family that she left behind her. Her old life, it seems, is as much a part of her as this new one is. Determined to see their earlier warmth returned, the Taigan mare wills her smile.

"I know they do,” she says with playful exasperation but her blue eyes come to rest lovingly on them. Her boys are rambunctious and often at odds with each other but there is adoration glowing in her expression. She watches the twins unaware as Nashua rolls his eyes at Fechin who insists he needs a bath. Lilliana catches his gaze as he smiles mischievously to the filly and ruffles his auburn wings. The stern (for her) look she gives her firstborn makes him lower his head before Yanhua tackles his brother from the back and like that, both boys are back to racing again.

Little spitfires, she thinks.

At the mention that Eurwen has never seen Ischia, it strikes an idea in Lilliana. Nerine was overdue for kingdom visits. Perhaps a trip to the island would be beneficial for both the North and West.

It's an idea, anyway.

"It’s lovely to meet you, Loire.” Lilli finishes that thought with a smile. "And sort of.” She adds with a playful glance to spotted Eurwen. "Eurwen is a diplomat for Nerine but I come from Taiga, which is a territory of it.” Perhaps the girl knows this and the information that Lilliana gives is redundant. She dismisses the thought with a roll of her slender shoulders. "Eurwen and I recruit together occasionally,” the Taigan Ambassador says fondly as she turns her attention to the Nerinian mare and her two daughters.

Lilli glances back to @[Loire] before softly adding, "We’re all looking to build a future out here. Sometimes it's nice to have more than one way forward.”

LILLIANA

all that i'm after is a life full of laughter
    (as long as i'm laughing with you)

art by vhitany
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    find me in the clouds; any - by Loire - 03-28-2020, 02:38 PM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by Eurwen - 03-29-2020, 10:39 AM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by lilliana - 03-29-2020, 02:47 PM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by Loire - 03-31-2020, 09:11 PM
    RE: find me in the clouds; any - by Eurwen - 04-03-2020, 11:59 AM