• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  ive never fallen from quite this high | aegean
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

The days of his search have passed without the Pteron truly marking them. Some part of him had been aware of autumn drifting into winter, winter melting into spring, spring blossoming into summer. The rest of him though, feels as though it has been suspended, like a floating bubble escaped from a frothing stream. The rest of the world goes on without him, heading ever onward, ever downstream like the rest of the water. What does it matter that time passes, anyway?

Aegean is in front of him now, and the trees overhead have barely been touched by autumn’s color.

Has a year really passed?

It doesn’t feel so. His dedication to this hunt has left him blind to all else. The bubble he’d not quite imagined disappears without a sound, and it seems like the world comes rushing in at him. Not Aegean though. Aegean doesn’t rush any more than the moon races across the sky. Everything about him is purposeful. Elegant. Graceful. He is as calm as the moon as well, his words steady and measured. It’s a rather marvelous ability, and one that Pteron with his deceptively rapid heart cannot help but envy.

“No,” he admits. “I’m glad that you have.”

“I shouldn’t have sent you away,” Pteron’s words spill out in a rush, because he will never be a creature of great restraint. “I’ve regretted it every day. I left Taiga. I’ve been looking for you.” Short explosions of truth, a desperate attempt to make up for the time that has passed since their last meeting.

-- pteron --

@[Aegean]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: ive never fallen from quite this high | aegean - by Pteron - 04-17-2020, 07:15 PM