• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the stars nodded, the ocean agreed

oceane
    with tremulous cadence slow, and bring
    the eternal note of sadness in

"Oh, and I am so glad to be here," she responds with a similar smile as she leans into Lepis' touch and revels in this feeling of being home. It's an unfamiliar emotion, to feel so relieved at her own homecoming, but it reminds the pegasi woman just how much she has come to love Loess and, in its own way, the entirety of Beqanna. It's been since Alcinder's birth that she has even thought of Nau-Aib, the homeland she would never have felt relieved to return to ─ it's how she knows that this is where she is meant to be, after all of that running and uncertainty.

Oceane's amber eyes turn away from her friend and towards the open expanse of Loess as they meander towards the north. Though she has yet to be reunited with Alcinder, there is no urgency in her gait ─ she knows he is here, that they are finally within the boundaries of the same kingdom again, and that is enough for now. There are kingdom politics to discuss, the future of Loess at hand.

"I can't imagine that Castile's retrieval of myself will do well to help our relations with Pangea," she finally says, and it pains her to think that way ─ because she is nothing but appreciative of the opportunity to return home early, "My concern is that they will target Alcinder once more, but I know there are more pressing matters at hand." Oceane sighs, bites the inside of her lip as they walk comfortably side by side. She knows diplomacy and politics well ─ separating herself from her personal feelings to have this conversation with the Regent is difficult, but necessary. And though she understands (as much as one can, truly, without failing to the whims of the fairies herself) what it was that had caused Castile's spiral into violent, draconic predation, there are still whetted, razor-sharp pieces of glass to pick up because of it.

"I hear that Leilan has taken the helm of the Isle," she is fond of the stallion, and had grown even fonder after he had helped Alcinder find his way home, but is quite aware of the touchy relationship he'd had with Castile even before Loess' former King had burnt what minimal resources Icicle Isle had possessed. "If you think it wise, I could travel to speak with him. Perhaps offering the resources of our kingdom will help to remedy our current relations." She falls silent then, allowing for Lepis' thoughts on the matter; Oceane, herself, does not possess contacts in Nerine that could assist with the discussion of its sub-kingdom ─ those she hopes that Lepis might.

The summer sun gleams across her opalescent back warmly, and though she had lost an unhealthy amount of weight during her extended stay in Pangea, it brings life back to Oceane to feel the Loess sun and breathe the familiar scents.

She intentionally bumps her barrel into Lepis and offers a kind smile to her friend as they continue to walk. So natural it feels, already, to be at the woman's side.

"Castile mentioned his plans of succession," she says after a time, though there is nothing accusatory in her tone, "But I believe you are the right person to be leading this kingdom during this... uncertainty. The people here, and in the Pampas and Sylva, know you and trust you." She pauses to collect her thoughts and listens for a short time to their steady breaths and footfalls. "However, I would be remiss if I didn't make my hopes known ─ and it's my hope that you will consider allowing me to lead by your side, when you feel the time is right."

"@[Lepis]"

n | v
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    the stars nodded, the ocean agreed - by Oceane - 04-14-2020, 04:19 PM
    RE: the stars nodded, the ocean agreed - by Lepis - 04-16-2020, 08:27 AM
    RE: the stars nodded, the ocean agreed - by Oceane - 04-19-2020, 10:46 AM
    RE: the stars nodded, the ocean agreed - by Lepis - 04-22-2020, 07:25 AM
    RE: the stars nodded, the ocean agreed - by Lepis - 04-26-2020, 04:25 PM