• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  catch a tide, my dear, and only think of me
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    ”It’s time to go home,” he had said when finally retrieving Oceane from Pangea’s grip. Although excitement riddled his veins, it was masked behind a stern face that spoke of the urgency to leave. They immediately took flight.

Castile hears her labored breaths and occasionally reduces his speed in order to keep her close and monitor her. He has already looked her over multiple times, noting how her hips peek out more strongly now. The muscles that rippled across her bones have thinned; although not emaciated, she is still returning to him – them – less than when she had left. Of course, he says nothing of this as they make the final stretch into the forest. They spiral down, folding their wings the instant their hooves kiss the soil and grass.

Hearing her cough unnerves him, but Castile appears unyielding until he is finally able to melt away the seriousness of their predicament. It takes looking around, remembering they are out of Pangea, to finally relax his muscles and take a breath. This isn’t Loess, but it is close enough.

Her gratitude is a soft whisper at first, but strengthens when she reaches to embrace him, draping her neck across his own as he lowers it. A moment of tenderness closes his eyes to savor the touch – he has avoided most contact since she was abducted – but then she turns to look at him and he knows that she wants answers. ”I’m sorry it wasn’t sooner,” he confesses as a frown stitches his brows. It should not have taken so long, but it did. Lepis wanted to wait still, but Castile went against her wishes to instead act on his own. He doesn’t expect – nor even want – her thank you.

”You belong on Loess’ throne. You deserve it. Lepis has had it once before as well as Taiga,” he pauses as he inches a step backward, ”Don’t let her get comfortable.” The space between them is nearly palpable. Castile doesn’t dive into her unspoken questions, reluctant to even admit anything as part of him yearns to flee into the trees and lose himself.

castile

@[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: catch a tide, my dear, and only think of me - by Castile - 04-20-2020, 03:31 PM