• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

acts like summer and walks like rain
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

The other stallion seems a polite, which is reassuring to Gale. Polite, or at least tolerant. He doesn’t much mind which. It does not occur to him that the conversation might be a ruse, that there is more beneath the black stallion’s smile than his casual interest in a stranger taking an evening walk. While Gale is a playful creature, he is neither innately deceptive or suspicious. He takes their interaction at face value, and so when Chemdog mentions wanting to see Gale’s home, the younger stallion visibly perks up.

“Oh you should come!” He tells the other enthusiastically. “The water is very warm, even this time of year.”

Though the white-faced stallion is a stranger, Gale finds it hard to believe that there might be anyone who would not find the Island Resort a pleasant place. It has been his own refuge for years, after all.

“I could show you what it looks like,” he suggests with as much casualness as he can muster. It’s not much, of course, as he is excited both by chance to share something nice with a stranger as well as the chance to flex his skill at vision shaping. The brindle stallion is nearly as good at manipulations as he is bad at socializing, after all. “If you want to see it, I mean. You don’t have to.”
    @[Chemdog]

Messages In This Thread
    acts like summer and walks like rain - by Gale - 04-18-2020, 08:48 PM
    RE: acts like summer and walks like rain - by Gale - 04-26-2020, 07:11 AM