• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  leaving all my past and silhouettes up on the wall; svedka
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

Pteron remains still, one hoof raised to step forward. His olive eyes (lacking any trace of weariness now) are bright beneath his blue forelock, and his blue-tipped ears turn toward the horse that emerges from the woods.

For the briefest moment the other looks familiar to Pteron, but then his head turns and the resemblance is gone. It was too quick for him to recognize, and instead leaves him with the sense that this horse – who he has never seen before – is someone that he knows. Svedka adds to this with the casual way he speaks, as though picking up the threads of an earlier exchange. By the time he introduces himself as Svedka, Pteron is smiling.

He takes in Svedka out of habit, tracing the pattern of white and gold on the coat and the tint of blue in his mane and tail. Those are colors that Pteron thinks of as the colors of his family, and he wonders if perhaps this Svedka is a relative.

“I’m Pteron,” says the dun stallion, shifting his weight a bit so he no longer stands half-frozen and heading downhill. Charmed as eased as he is by the friendly company of the other horse, Pteron finds himself nodding along to darker thoughts at the reminder that there are dangers lurking in the night. “I’m looking out for danger,” he admits, gesturing ahead to where the obvious sign of the route that he frequently walks is visible in the light of the moon. Its odd behavior in a horse living in the common lands, but it feels right, making a permanent home for himself and Aegean. The thought of still being there when the children arrives makes him anxious, but there are months still to broach this. So he tells himself.

“My…” He remembers in an instant how quickly titles had changed things between himself and Aquaria, how solidly he’d found himself bound to Reia, and finishes without the slightest hesitation: “companion rests not far from here. I take the evening watch for us. I’m Pteron. Do you live around here?” The question is asked with genuine curiosity; it would be nice to have more permanent neighbors than the vagabonds of the Forest.

@[Svedka]

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    RE: leaving all my past and silhouettes up on the wall - by Pteron - 05-01-2020, 08:03 PM