• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind; aodhan

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge
    of how much to give and how much to take
    Ivar has very little need for introductions. As a creature who dwells beneath the sea and is driven by instinct, he has little need for conversation at all. This is the fourth stranger that he has met in as many weeks, Ivar realizes, and scowls. He’s been getting out far too much of late.

Though he is, at times, an overconfident hunter, the kelpie is also possessed of an abundance of caution. That includes wariness of creatures with unnatural abilities. Creatures like the spotted now-stallion who otherwise seem harmless. Harmless and not even helpful, Ivar thinks, not bothering to hide the low growl of frustration at the other’s answer.  Well, mostly not helpful. He knows she has children now, at least. Children can be useful. He’s already begun to formulate a plan when a voice breaks through his thoughts.

Perhaps I can help you with the issue, the voice offers, and for a moment Ivar wonders exactly how the man expects to be useful during a kidnapping.

But no, Ivar thinks. He means the issue Ivar had fabricated as a reason to find Aquaria’s home via land routes (escape routes). He introduces himself, and though he describes their location it is as unhelpful as the rest of the conversation. Ivar has no idea what or where Skye is. Isobell would recognize it as one of the other sister islands, but that is because she still cares about things like diplomacy and keeping up with the neighbors. Ivar has long since abandoned any interest in such things, if he’s ever truly had any at all.

Ivar had slowly shaken his head at the offer of help, and when Aodhan asks if he is from the north, the golden-eyed stallion affixes him with a long stare. It isn’t threatening, not really, not when they have nothing to fight over. There are no women here, and Ivar has no desire to expand his territory. Still, the calculating gaze is not at all friendly.

Eventually he does speak, and while what he says does seem to contradict his refusal of aid, it also sounds sincere. “I’m look for a nereid. Teal, with silver hair and purple flowers” (they might actually be pink, he thinks, or even blue. It doesn’t really matter) “I’ve not been able to find her for a while, and I was curious if any of the others had seen her.” The ‘others’ being the other nereids, of course.

and i'll use you as a warning sign
    that if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

@[Aodhan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind - by Ivar - 05-04-2020, 11:21 AM