• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

here in the forest dark and deep, i offer you eternal sleep; any
    ` where's your moose?

"that is too true," her words have me cocking a quizzical brow as I watch her. She is intelligent, unlike most I have met and it almost amuses me. The amusement easily masks my surprise, my facial features barely twitching in response as I continue to observe her quiet movements. Her smirk is like a flame to a candle and in response I find myself smirking a bit more and nodding slightly. "Yes, the trees tend to live long and full lives without harm. If only they could talk. The stories they could tell... pausing for a moment I take a small breath before continuing, "I'd be most interested to hear them, wouldn't you?"

There's nothing like the differences in the world. The light that shone in even the darkest of places. The tortured souls. The different minds. The craziest of personalities. They are who inspire me to live my life in the ways that I do. I guess that may be one reason why I find her as refreshing as I do. her differences are like a breath of fresh spring air and they hold my attention better than most have ever been able to do. The way her face changes as she speaks it's interesting to me. The way her lips form into a straight line and how her brow crinkles. It keeps my eyes glued to her face, unable to tear away as she speaks of both their names and meanings.

It is this that changes my smirk into a slight smile as I take a deep breath and then chuckle softly. "I must disappoint you though, I cannot turn into a tree. That is sadly far beyond any of my capabilities young one. Though like you I do appreciate and value their existence. They are a vital part of our tiny world. And the secrets they hold are few and many." Her smile goes unnoticed by my curious and observational gaze until finally I step a bit to the side as she steps forward. It is out of habit that I move. Not used to others being in close proximity. It isn't necessarily that it makes me nervous. Just that it creates an uncomfortable vibe that likes to wrap itself around my graying body and tighten like that of a boa once it's caught it's unsuspecting prey.

"Questions are most certainly allowed. And what you choose to do is up to you, I shall not force you to do anything you don't want to do, Jynxs." Her name flows fluidly off my tongue as I make her silent promises that I intend to stick to. it would be indeed up to her whether or not she wanted to follow him back to his home. "I do prefer the shadows. They are abundant back home, in the Valley. The sun tends to hurt my eyes. I am a night owl so to speak and so haunting the land during the day isn't my forte." Again he chuckles dryly before speaking a bit more. "it is alright they don't do much. the spots help me to see my way. and most are thrown off in the night when they see the glow of the spots that decorate me. I like the colors that decorate you. They are much nicer than the orange glow that covers me."

Grinning now I roll my shoulders in a half shrug. For once I was being kind. Polite. Even handing out compliments. I wasn't sure how it was happening, or why even. But It was best I not question it. For in an instant I knew that it could all slip from my grasp if I focused on it too much and I didn't want to ruin this. Not this time. It was vital that he didn't. "The Valley?" Her question snaps me out of my own thoughts and I find myself twisting my lips in a thoughtful look before nodding slightly. I wasn't sure yet how I wanted to explain it. How did one tell someone who had never seen a place that it was empty and needing growth, nearly devoid of life? Most hated to hear this. They didn't find it near tempting enough to follow me home because of these facts. And it was almost disheartening. Ah hold on, I'll just speak from the heart. Mother always did say that somehow worked best on occasion.

"The Valley is a kingdom to the south east of beqanna. It's lands are decorated with dark forests, leaves of the thick trunked trees painted red and orange while the mountains surround the north and western borders. It is a beautiful place. And it holds many ghosts. Ghosts that tell stories. It is old, but it is new. And it needs time to grow, and new life to give it a new name. It is in need of those like you. To help it grow. And I am but a messenger sent by her, to offer you a home. When you pledge your loyalty to her, she gladly takes care of you as do her members."

I find myself slipping my tongue slowly inbetween my lips in order to wet them lightly before continuing, "I can show it to you if you like. See if you like her for yourself? You don't have to stay if you don't want to of course." I don't mention my plans for the valley or how I've made a move for the throne. I didn't want her to chose based on my potential status. I wanted her to decide because it sounded best to her. Those who were able to make such choices based on their heart rather than personal gain were always guaranteed to do the best in the valley. at least that is what I had noticed over my years of haunting it's deep dark corners and observing the lives within.
    original html by strells, edited by taz | character by taz

Messages In This Thread
    RE: here in the forest dark and deep, i offer you eternal sleep; any - by demian - 08-24-2015, 08:18 AM