• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a reason like mine

Tornados from a butterfly's wing

She was  but a tender yearling, stepping out into the late season snow from the cavern she'd been sheltering in. It had been days since she'd last seen Neverwhere, and worry caught at her heart like a thorn. Deep down, she couldn't help but wonder if the elder mare had finally gotten tired of her, but that made no sense. If she had, it was Ama who would have been told to go. Neverwhere cared about Nerine too much to abandon it for the sake of one small girl. 

She might have stayed inside all day, huddled against herself and watching the snow spin to the ground endlessly. The sound that drew her out however, was strange enough to pull her from the relative warmth and out into the open. 

By now her dainty hooves knew the paths and pitfalls of her home, even hidden beneath the blanket of white. It took little enough time to seek out the strangness. Less, because the tremors and stabs of emotion that grew from faint suggestions to vivid pulses of Anger and-

She paused, heat rising in her cheeks. An undercurrent of Lust had risen. That was not usually a helpful trail to follow. But the scream, the Anger, decided her. If someone needed help, she was bound to do what she could. It was worth the possibility of an uncomfortable encounter. 

When the feelings grew their strongest, she emerged over the crest of a snow hill to see two strangers casting their shadows on the icy background. Strangers not only because she had never met them before, but because she'd never meet anyone even like them before. One winged, that was normal enough. But as the dark little pony girl approached, she noticed the rather macabre growth of spiring horns from where his eyes should be. It was ghastly, but... Her eyes were weird too. 

He was the source of Anger, and it was this and not the strange eyes that made her give him distance as she neared. The other, the mare, was the one who exuded Lust. Waves of it, making the vivid yearling feel warm and very aware of herself as she absorbed the sensation. "Can you stop that?" She asked, unthinking. Only that she wanted the feeling of physical hunger to halt, or at least simmer down to a reasonably low level. Grown ups were so gross sometimes, with their feelings. 

Standing as firmly as a yearling pony could, she eyed both parties sternly with her translucent stone eyes. It was an expression that unknowingly copied the one shop frequently found on Neverwhere, a look that said she very clearly had no time for this nonsense. It translated somewhat comically between the scar-faced mare and her velvety ward. 

"Who are you and what do you want," she asked, a little snippy. "It's just that you're making a bit of a ruckus." Disapproval coated this addition. She kept both adults in her blue-tinged sight, standing primly between them. Neverwhere wasn't here, so someone had to keep things in order.

...Amarine

@[Celina] @[ghaul]

Messages In This Thread
    a reason like mine - by ghaul - 05-11-2020, 12:07 AM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Celina - 05-12-2020, 11:59 AM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Amarine - 05-12-2020, 12:50 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by ghaul - 05-12-2020, 01:27 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Eurwen - 05-12-2020, 02:22 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Celina - 05-12-2020, 06:55 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Amarine - 05-12-2020, 08:42 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by ghaul - 05-12-2020, 09:49 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Eurwen - 05-13-2020, 12:40 PM