• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show me who i am and who i could be; thorn
    She breaks his heart, that little Flower. So fragile, so different. Thorn knows she belongs to him, to their whole family, but he knows no amount of love and affection will remedy her delicate body. She'll be stuck as glass, forever, and even if he loves doting on her - he knows one day she'll grow tired of it, and his love won't be enough.

Flower's face could be the sun when she smiles, and for a moment, Thorn doesn't feel even a bit of her pain. The bleeding in his chest slows, but - it quickly picks back up, stronger than before, as the glass girls sees what the curse has done to him. The cursed man's own pain amplifies within hers. He'd always known Flower would find out but no amount of preparation would remedy what it feels like watch AND feel her heart break.

"Not even Mom's magic helped, Rue," the sabino whispers, closing his eyes but attempting a soft smile. His mind plays over finding Nightlock, over his worried, heartbroken parents' faces. They are why he has gone into hiding: Thorn can't bear to feel the rest of his family's pain. He knows it, inside and out, and knowing his hand in it might actually kill him.

"Hey," Thorn says, a frown passing over his lips, "come here." He presses his muzzle to Flower's shoulder in insistence, flashing a wave of healing into her and sealing the cracks. He grows tired instantly, then murmurs, "Fine, but let's lay down, okay? I'm tired."

Thorn doesn't wait for his sister's confirmation before slowly gliding to the earth. He turns his neck to lay it comfortably over Flower's back, her glass cool and comforting to the touch.

"I don't remember much of it. Just travelling into a cave, and a monster, and so much hate . . ." He doesn't tell her what Mom and Dad had said to him. He doesn't tell her he killed Tamlin. He can't. He can barely even think about it. "I did a lot wrong, Flower. I -" he stops, chokes, tired from his magic and the weight of their suffering. "I deserved something, and the monster knew what."
    thorn
    under your skin, over the moon

don't let me in, I don't know what I'd do

roses are fallin', roses from fallin' for you, ooh

@[flower]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show me who i am and who i could be; thorn - by thorn - 05-20-2020, 10:26 PM