• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  lay me over a broken altar

xi
    our gospel is living flesh sprawled in dust

Xi's mind is empty of dreams.

More often than not, her slumber is undisturbed by dreamscapes produced by her mind's eye. This nap is no different, disturbed by naught, and brings her only the darkness of the inside of her eyelids. Her lithe body remains in the same position that she had fallen asleep in: two-toned head slung low, wings relaxed against her sides, shoulders loose. Her ivory tail sways gently in the icy cool breeze, a white flag attached to a being with no understanding of the word surrender.

Pow!

The sound rips her from her sleep ─ Xi's muscles are taut and ready for flight even before she realizes she is awake, but settles down quickly as her lavender eyes find the two-toned antlered girl ─ looking just as surprised as she ─ in front of her and determines that she isn't a threat.

But that doesn't stop the hidden tree trunk behind the woman from exploding violently, sending debris both skyward and in the direction of the two painted women. Xi snorts as she swings her head to the side, using her draping mane to shield her face from the wood chips that fly through the air. She remains like this for a few moments beyond the sound of the debris hitting the ground, blinking the sleep from her eyes, before turning her sharp purple gaze back to the other woman.

“Be quiet,” Xi snaps with a harsh whisper, before an exasperated sigh falls from her open maw at the realization that she's feeling a bit too drowsy from her nap to be a bitch to this stranger, “If you don't whisper, things will keep exploding.”

Xi lowers her head to nibble gently at an itch above her knee before she reverts her severe gaze back to her newest acquaintance. “Are you hurt?” she asks quietly, though more out of necessity than anything else.

@[Warlight]
    “”

n | a

I'm so sorry for the wait!! ♥
    Xi possesses Spontaneous Shattering.
    Noises louder than a whisper result in nearby objects exploding.

Messages In This Thread
    lay me over a broken altar - by Xi - 05-09-2020, 05:10 PM
    RE: lay me over a broken altar - by Warlight - 05-10-2020, 01:51 PM
    RE: lay me over a broken altar - by Xi - 05-21-2020, 07:09 PM
    RE: lay me over a broken altar - by Warlight - 05-29-2020, 04:36 PM