• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when your heart needs to break, just break on me; firion

”I’ve got the kerosene and the desire,
    I’m trying to start a flame in the heart of the night.”
    She awakes with the dawn, blinking her quiet brown eyes open to a gilded hillside in the distance. There is still a dark that stretches over top of her, but it is the promise of light sweeping across it that draws her in. It always happens so slowly, the sunrise, the light chasing away the dark in such a subtle way that she always found lovely. But shaking the sleep and the dreams from her body she turns her back on the sun, moving instead into the forest.

There was something enchanting about the forest in the first light of day. The sun was bright and yellow as it strained through the tops of the trees, the leaves backlit with gold and the remnants of dew glittering on grass and brush. She steps lightly across the soft ground, her young body lithe and lean as she winds her way through familiar paths. She is young, but the copper coat she was born with has already grayed to a pale silver, and she keeps a matching pair of wings close to her sides. She preferred the solitude; preferred the quiet, and the ability to lose herself in uninterrupted daydreams. It was why she often chose the forest, since the trees did their best to hide anyone else that might be lurking.

She is surprised when she hears something; something like a frantic heartbeat, something like unsteady breathing. Her own pulse quickens, maybe in fear, but mostly in curiosity. Stepping forward carefully, she follows the strange feeling – that instinctual pricking that pulls you towards something even if you cannot understand it.

When she finds him, her heart somersaults.

He looks confused, shaken, and she can see where sweat has dried on his skin. Worry floods her sweet brown eyes, and cautiously steps forward, caught off guard by an almost innate urge to pull him close, to fight off whatever has harmed him, real or imaginary. “Are you okay?” Is all she asks instead, her voice soft as the sunlight that floods between them.
    keepsake

Messages In This Thread
    when your heart needs to break, just break on me; firion - by Keepsake - 06-05-2020, 12:47 AM