• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Santana and Family)

I've got you deep in the heart of me

-So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me-

when morning dawned, Eyas told Gale that she was going. He could take all the time he wanted to get things ready, since the two self-made protectors of Island Resort were technically leaving the entire Island behind, but she would head out right then. He could even join her in a day or two if he wanted, though when Eyas stood at her highest and pressed her forehead into his warm, blue skin she doubted (hoped) it wouldn’t be quite that long.

If it weren’t a necessary thing she wouldn’t leave at all, and she wouldn’t dare leave her twin behind without her. But this Wolfbane ordeal… it had quickly turned into a necessary ‘thing’ she needed to fix right away.

As Eyas cantered down the white-sand shoreline and took off with a leap into the balmy summer sky, she thought of how her father’s problems had started to turn into an increasingly gigantic nightmare. His choices had seemed random and senseless, but now she could see the way each was branching out from the source - himself. She could piece them together through his sight and the vision he was building for himself now included so many new, innocent lives. The thought unnerved her, and she did her best to focus her energies away from a tempting peek and instead on what had happened the night before.

She’d met a god, not a magician. Eyas was pretty sure of that, if nothing else. She’d been given an audience with the Dark God himself and it’d been truly terrifying. She didn’t feel free from his eye right now, soaring higher towards the sun just to try and warm away the sudden chill settling into her bones. And she certainly didn’t feel lighter knowing he’d bestowed hidden knowledge unto her, to do with as she saw fit. Eyas knew well enough that nothing in Beqanna was given freely. Nothing.

But he’d given me what I asked for. I do owe for asking. She thought to herself as she landed, smoothly trotting her way out of the fringes of Sylva and Taiga’s blended woods. Ahead of her loomed Loess, her birth home, and all of the residual feelings of despondency she’d done well to hide since Eyas had left many years ago. It’s power over her was like a magnet, pulling her step by step and whispering long-forgotten memories as bait. But she paused before entering, folding her black-and-white wings over her little pony body as she came to stand under the reaching shadow of a completely burnt and hollowed-out tree trunk.

“I came as soon as I could. You ready?” She swung her head behind her, knowing exactly the step and shape of the figure who’d been left waiting on her arrival. Eyas smiled her black-lipped grin at Santana and swung her tail at her hips. The flies had begun to gather around, eager for a taste of her blood and sweat from that morning’s flight.

EYAS

@[Santana] and any of the residing Lepane family! Big Grin *it's happening*
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Santana and Family) - by Eyas - 06-06-2020, 02:18 PM