• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  tied corner to corner, never ending
    Thorn doesn't want to explain himself, not now. He only wants to lay at his imagined father's feet, eyelids blinking with a sleep so plagued by nightmares he'll awake even more exhausted. Nightlock will stand above him, watching, a guardian. It'd be easy, he thinks. To just sleep here. To not wake up.

"I did something stupid, Dad," Thorn grumbles on heavy lips. It was incredibly stupid, and now (too exhausted to hold his tongue), he can admit that to himself. "Something really stupid. I should have known better. I -" he pauses, draws in a loud, painful breath, "I deserved this." The last sentence is the lowest whisper a creature can muster.

Nightlock's breath against Thorn's neck only serves to make his eyes heavier. The briefest flash of a warm childhood memory seals him into his position.

"You all told me you hated me. When I see you, you're never real." It doesn't make sense, this response. Thorn knows it but he can't find the words to elaborate.

"I'm cursed."
    thorn
    under your skin, over the moon

don't let me in, I don't know what I'd do

roses are fallin', roses from fallin' for you, ooh

@[Nightlock]

Messages In This Thread
    tied corner to corner, never ending - by thorn - 04-13-2020, 07:42 PM
    RE: tied corner to corner, never ending - by thorn - 06-14-2020, 11:42 PM