• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

oh redwood tree, don't you recognize me?

I believe I'd die if I only could

I sure feel strange, but it sure feels good

Awareness between Wolfbane and Lilliana had always been a funny trait of theirs. From the moment he’d first met her, it was like an electric current vibrated between them. Bane would read the look in her eyes, shift his stance or head whenever she moved, and wonder if Lilli had that effect on everyone she met. For the longest time, he blamed that damned blueness of her eyes; now, coming across the mother-daughter pair on the far end of Beqanna’s beaches, he knew it was something more. The look she gave him was telling enough, but her welcoming tone stopped the shapeshifter (and his smile) in its tracks.

A bit bent and a little crooked, the black stallion creaked and swayed in the ocean breeze. Like the dune grass, like the back-and-forth of the sea, he leaned one way then the other. Wolfbane said nothing, at first. Only stared at Lilli with his own set of blank, colorless eyes before turning his chin toward the filly.

“A girl.” He crooned, forgetting the existence of the red mare supporting his daughter’s weight. Lilliana was all but forgotten; her words rudely ignored. He had nothing but eyes and expression for their new addition. You see, Lilliana wasn’t far from the truth herself - and maybe she knew it through that old connection, maybe it was just a good guess - but Wolfbane is running out. Out of time and out of sense, he was beginning to slip into those final stages of the curse. He’d traded his sanity for a higher power, and now it was time that he paid what he owed. Just like Lupei. Just like Longclaw.

Except… one thing was missing. One important thing. “Look at her, just like her brothers.” Longclaw thought. Bane couldn’t be sure if he was silently thinking or speaking softly, though. “Nash and Yan were strong… she might be, too.” Wyrm hummed thoughtfully.

So many choices. All of them secure and tucked away. He needed a vessel, needed one soon, and longed to groom up one of his children the way his father had groomed him. Longclaw had been a selfish father though - died without passing on the hate; and yet when Wyrm came around he revealed the key to it all. The method. The intention. Their lineage. All of it connected, somehow. All of it contained inside Bane, now. He hissed deep in his throat and broke contact with the filly, turning a vile look of disgust and hatred down on Lilli.

“You’re weak.” He accused her. “Alone and injured. I’m done playing with you, Lilliana. Give me the girl and live -” He pulled his black lip up over his gums, showing her a set of curved fangs, “- or resist and die, like your silly friend Neverwhere.” Bane smiled again, unaware still that his assault had been for naught. Under his impression no one could’ve survived the bloody maiming he’d given the old blind bat of Nerine.

The withered horse spread his limbs apart and turned his ears back, looking comically weak aside from the sharp teeth, waiting.

For this thread:  Sex: M  ◉  Appearance: Old Black Stallion  ◉  Mood: Dangerous

@[lilliana]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh redwood tree, don't you recognize me? - by Wolfbane - 06-18-2020, 08:55 PM