• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

burn everything you love then burn the ashes; anyone fun

The child acts entitled and his head tilts as he ponders that. Who exactly does she belong to? He can smell the scent of their kingdom on them, of sweat and humidity and other dirty things that belong to that region. A princess perhaps? Is that why the mare is so eager to protect and the tortoiseshell girl gets away with so much? Comments are kept to himself, holding on to his theories for a moment. A thin smirk spreads on his lips as the winged female speaks of a mute mother and than the child chimes in on learning her eclectic speech from her father and uncle. Ah, there it is. ”I didn’t realize males were allowed in the jungle these days. Do you spend much time with your father?” He murmurs quietly, red eyes blazing as he speaks. Eager to catch them in a lie. His gaze rounds on the adult, adding quietly. ”I don’t mind, I’m sure she can read lips. I’m overdue for a visit to the Amazons anyways.” So many rumors floated through Beqanna including one of a certain spotted fallen from grace ex Khaleesi. His dear half sister. It would be nice to point and laugh at the one that had garnered so much affection and respect from dearly departed dad due to her accomplishments only to fall so far when she had reached the top. Family reunions were so lovely in the No Crosses Count family.

The Child questions him about the Chamber and he lowers his head to her once more. "There's a tree that blazes with fire when it's given a gift. We are ruled by a Queen of Ravens.  It's a dark place and you can feel the land's heart beating beneath your hooves." He doesn't mention that the gift to make the tree burn is of blood. That they had recently murdered a meadow wanderer in the name of experiment and science. That Atrox's heart was what was beating beneath the earth. Such stories were beyond what little girl's should hear although this one might be into it. She was named after destruction after all.

His relaxed demeanor doesn’t change, content with simply observing these strange beings before him. Why do they do the things they do? Why was the pregnant mare so eager to protect a child that wasn’t her own? He was finding them being related questionable which made the question that much more enticing. Why was the foal out here by herself? And why did she speak the way she did, where did her boldness come from? For a minute he thinks of his little minnow swimming lazily in the pond back home and wonders if that boldness can be crushed out of the child as easily as it had been swept out of the pale lady he had taken as his own. The girl is on another tirade, this time directed at “Aunt Nova” and his eyes widen slightly as a grin spreads on his lips. ”My my…” He gives a low whistle, followed by a gentle tsk tsk. His gaze doesn’t waver from Porrim’s face, wondering how she was going to deal with this sass. Waiting for the exposure to seep through the cracks.

Gryffen
    - - - - -
    The Big Bad Wolf

Messages In This Thread
    RE: burn everything you love then burn the ashes; anyone fun - by Gryffen - 08-26-2015, 12:17 PM