• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  all my sins need holy water, ashhal

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

He's used to being alone, but lately it had felt particularly hollow. It's easy to ignore, but only because he'd been doing it his entire damn life. And this was sure as hell one of those things he did not want to examine too closely. That's one can of worms that should never be opened.

Never mind the fact the lid had started to get quite rusty lately.

As with everything else in his life lately (or at least for the past century), today is spent in another pit of yawning aimlessness. Time has basically lost all fucking meaning, so what the hell is one more day in the grand scheme of things?

It might have gone down as simply another in an endless round had he not seen her as the sun began to sink over the western horizon. He might pretend otherwise, but he'd damned well recognize her anywhere. And had the sun not glinted off her lovely features just so, he might have disappeared again with her none the wiser (he has no doubt that he is the last horse she'd want to see, especially after she'd started playing house).

But the sun does glint, and something not quite right catches his eye. He hesitates for a moment before muttering an expletive under his breath. Hell, she already knew he had no compunction about being an ass anyway. So he closes the distance with his usual swagger.

He stops abruptly when he realizes why it is she'd seemed to look different in a way he hadn't been able to immediately pinpoint. "Fucking hell," he blurts out rather thoughtlessly. Eyes narrowing, he stares at her stone filled sockets for a long moment before adding, "What, not enough compliments on how your eyes shone like jewels, so you had to get real ones?"

Messages In This Thread
    all my sins need holy water, ashhal - by Ryatah - 07-22-2020, 04:16 PM
    RE: all my sins need holy water, ashhal - by Ashhal - 07-26-2020, 10:26 PM