• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

don't lose that spark of madness

Demian's words echo in my skull; they feel like bullets shattering every ounce of a wall I have fared to put up. The Valley needs numbers, it needs strength. I spoke of Ants, of squishing and of much more, and perhaps, perhaps the shadows of the Valley had begun to suffocate me a little too soon. For I was returning to the Field. I have no intention of fleeing, what has already started to feed my muscles and my bones with a new warmth, a new purpose.

My chocolate frame shifts through the shadows, the spires of light that pierce through the naked trees, falling across my path like rivulets of burning light. My silvery mane dances against my neck, teal and purple strands strewn across my face as I walk with a purpose, through the shadowy thicket, into the field. My teal eyes find her then, the golden mare. She is like sunrise and sunset, mane and tail like darkness has kisses her a thousand nights and the sun has lain with her a hundred mornings. I watch her for quite some time. My teal eyes, cutting in their observation. My horn glints in the spires of light, the teal and silver sheen, seeming to appear like stained glass, from the trickle of ice that slips from the treetops and fall atop my head, dampening my skin and my tresses.

My quiet observations end, and I decide to traverse the loam, steps quick and smooth. As I sidle out from the comforting darkness,s into the winter sunlight, she is fallen to the earth, eyes shut, mind lost. I grunt then, my tail whipping at my hinds. Oh. Oh, who in their mind sleeps here? Wide, in the open? I shake my head, perhaps I am mistaken and it is an imprudent decision to follow through, but I decide to regardless. A crisp, cold clip in my voice, but a smooth, dark magic upon my lips, a cruel, if not charming smile. 'Do you dream well, out in the open? Things can often turn to nightmares dear.' I pause, parading a few steps forward. 'A rather imprudent choice on your part, I'm afraid. What if I were some predator, a wolf hungry for your flesh? What then?' My teal eyes fix upon her, waiting, waiting, and the smooth smile turns larger than, toothy and a little too predatory. 'Ah, but I still might be. You never know... I am Jynxs, and you, what did your mother call you, sleeping beauty?'

j y n x s

here in the forest dark and deep, i offer you, eternal sleep

Messages In This Thread
    don't lose that spark of madness - by Anamosa - 08-28-2015, 03:21 PM
    RE: don't lose that spark of madness - by Jynxs - 08-28-2015, 03:38 PM
    RE: don't lose that spark of madness - by Zeik - 08-28-2015, 04:37 PM
    RE: don't lose that spark of madness - by Anamosa - 08-29-2015, 12:13 PM