• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  like atomic bombs in reverse

Shadows dance. Perhaps otherworldly in the way that they are brought to life by the twisting kaleidoscope of stars across his skin (so intricate, the filly muses, as they twirl on their own accord) and though it is not a fireglow, she would never admit that she find the silver glow rather comfortable, especially in the way it brings to life the gentle expression of this stranger’s face.

When he comes closer she does not give way. She stands her ground, her fierce golden eyes finding his and locking there, challenging and yet, at the same time, intrigued. And when his smile widens as she threatens the life of the stallion he had been thinking of, her dark lips become as crooked as his own. He continues to smile, this starlit boy, and though hers does not fade either, Sunlight finds herself flipping through his mind violently for the reason.

I’ll bet you could.

The words are silent within the real world, but the tri-colored filly hears them as clear as a bell. She snorts sharply - a little laugh alights her dark lips - and allows her eyes to settle on his molten irises with confidence. “It would only take an instant,” she tells him without hestiation, letting it settle there gently as if fingers were trilling across flesh. Maybe it was an offer or a promise, filtering through the night air as easily as the autumn wind. She is quick to change her tune and become more harsh when he begins to ask more of her and the young girl throws her head back in a display of defiance.

“I don’t intend to be a mystery,” she boasts, throwing her chin upwards as her tail flicks idly at her sleek onyx flank. “I intend for all to know exactly who they are dealing with.” Perhaps there is a flame that licks beneath her golden pupils but is gone in an instant. “I’m Sunlight, and there will be no need for unraveling.” Though her head remains thrown upwards, that same fierce smile graces her dark mouth as flames ignite in a close circle around them, threatening and ominous as their heat wavers at their ankles. The orange glow finds each shadow and illuminates them, dancing across the obsidian and white of her coat.

For a moment she had felt as if perhaps she was being hunted, but she is quick to turn the tables, bringing the flames ever closer (and drawing this starry-boy towards her) with every inhale. “What of you? Are you to be a mystery or must I beg for you to unravel for me?” The flames heighten and fall with the inflection of her fiery voice, ready to obey her every whim. She becomes smug, her golden eyes half-lidded as the black of her eyelids fall across them. “I do dislike playing silly games,” she tells him with a shimmer of a laugh in her venomous voice.

She couldn’t imagine allowing her precious fire to hungrily lick at that beautiful skin of his, but at the same time, she has never been one to listen to reason.

sunlight

@[isakov]

Messages In This Thread
    like atomic bombs in reverse - by Sunlight - 08-22-2020, 07:15 PM
    RE: like atomic bombs in reverse - by isakov - 08-23-2020, 08:01 PM
    RE: like atomic bombs in reverse - by Sunlight - 08-25-2020, 04:15 PM
    RE: like atomic bombs in reverse - by isakov - 08-28-2020, 03:36 PM
    RE: like atomic bombs in reverse - by Sunlight - 08-28-2020, 08:54 PM
    RE: like atomic bombs in reverse - by isakov - 09-12-2020, 12:51 PM
    RE: like atomic bombs in reverse - by Sunlight - 09-22-2020, 08:41 PM
    RE: like atomic bombs in reverse - by isakov - 09-27-2020, 09:43 PM
    RE: like atomic bombs in reverse - by Sunlight - 10-03-2020, 12:19 PM