• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Ice cream, you scream
    is this the end of everything?
    STRAIA
    or is it just a new way to bleed?
    Of course she senses him. She senses everything in Beqanna, a sixth-sense that is constantly on high alert. That is part of the gift (or the curse, depending on how you see it) of becoming something both more and less than mortal. For she is not mortal at all anymore (even the immortals of Beqanna are still mortal, in their way). She will exist, at least in the form of the tree, for eternity or until the faeries call her back. Her magic is the magic that flows through Beqanna now, and she can feel the heartbeat of it.

Did you not hear what I said, @[Leilan]? she sends back to the dragon, speaking in his mind as he had called to her. Sometimes war is a means to an end, and nothing more. I need the attention of Beqanna and now, I have it. This would have happened with or without me, but with me, something so much greater can be born. I can show you what the world used to be like. We can remake it together. She does not ask for his loyalty, because she does not need his. All she needs is for him to want what she wants, and a willingness to help make it happen. A greater world. A better Beqanna. The implications that he could be made greater still with it should be obvious enough.

She does not stop him either. She could rip him from the sky like one swats away a fly. It would be easy, truly. But she doesn’t care what happens to Pangea. She can undo whatever damage he might do, but she would remake the world anyway. If they wanted to destroy it first, it was no matter to her.

So she lets him go, and continues fighting for her own cause.

Just responding to Leilan, nothing exciting otherwise and she's still technically in Nerine.

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    Ice cream, you scream - by Leilan - 09-12-2020, 08:52 AM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by Straia - 09-12-2020, 09:07 AM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by Heartfire - 09-12-2020, 02:38 PM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by sixteen - 09-12-2020, 05:58 PM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by Stalag - 09-13-2020, 04:15 PM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by Catryn - 09-13-2020, 05:05 PM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by Straia - 09-14-2020, 08:24 AM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by Heartfire - 09-14-2020, 01:32 PM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by Izora Lethia - 09-14-2020, 08:27 PM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by Leilan - 09-16-2020, 04:23 AM