• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Entwined we will both die, so stay away and stay alive.
    YADIGAR
    there’s a hole in my chest but it’s mine, baby, it’s all i got.
    He stares at Beyza for a while as he grasps for the memory of who she is, fumbling with her name for a time before he remembers her. Yadigar wonders where his family is when she mentions them. Did Cirilla and Tarte remain in the north? But then where are Phyx and Virgil? Where is his father? His brow furrows and he watches as Straia arrives with the growing group with her usual confident strides.

No lasting damage done, she says. He watches the blur of her face carefully before Beyza chimes in to agree.

His vision is corrupt with no room for disagreement. And if I helped, then I will carry the blame as long as I live,” he slurs as he tries to stand up tall with some semblance of strength to his voice.

Then he notices other figures that seem to have been there all along - Virgil and Asphyxea, standing near their uncle Draco. He hates the way they crowd him with their stares and their whispering. They treat him as though he fought in their war with nothing but a smile on his face and a song in his heart. Disgust forms in the pit of his stomach.

His uncle sighs and he prays that he will tell him the battle was lost despite their efforts, but instead, he declares that the other Pangean king is dead. Yadigar studies him closely. In a hundred different lives, he would never imagine that his father could fall. A trick, then? A plucking of his heart-strings to test his ties with Pangea? But Virgil is here and he lacks his awful grin that he always has whenever Yadigar is being tormented. Instead, he sniffles quietly next to Asphyxea as she whispers his name.

You’re a liar,” he snaps, stepping back and baring his teeth. “You’re a fucking liar.

And he stretches his jaws open to breathe fire across them all, but only smoke and soot spills from his lungs. He is too tired to fight despite the way he continues to rage inside.

Ghaul had stared into Yadigar’s scrying eye a hundred times and never mentioned the fate he saw there. He only spoke of the eventual fires and how his perfect dream would be birthed from them. Wouldn’t he have warned them all of his death?

Wouldn’t he?

@[Anaxarete] @[Straia] @[draco] @[Beyza] pls freeze his heart if you want

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Entwined we will both die, so stay away and stay alive. - by yadigar - 09-27-2020, 09:40 PM