• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I fell for your magic; any
    Leilan
    The conversation he has busted into is not a very bright one, all things considered. Truth is, when he’d called out to the Southern Queen he hadn’t honestly thought about anything at all. The first thing she asks about being Alcinder, he gives a reassuring nod. ”The Isle remains,” he says and with that, she should know, Alcinder does too. Last he heard, him and Cormorant and Nashua were having a good tome together.

Remembering that Loess had burned as well, and hearing her say it, his mouth draws a rather straight line across his face, nodding sternly when the other stallion - Finian - says it’s not too well when the lady is clearly not. ”Lepis...” the name feels foreign on his lips. He’d always assumed she’d be there, stick around - that she was gone was something entirely new to Leilan’s mind, something he still didn’t quite understand or yet realise. ”So that’s where he went,” he adds in softly, more like a murmur than anything else. ”Nerine, too, and part of Taiga, but the children he sent were more easily contained. We’ve had a bunch of magicians visit us though - Brennen disappeared, I hear he nearly died.” A small sigh escapes the icy roan as he looks to the mare, offering a nose to her cheek should she let him. That they share the moment with Finian now comes to mind only a moment later, and so the tattooed male smiles politely at him, too. Deep blue eyes surface him for a moment, then Leilan makes a shrugging motion. ”I’m Leilan, as she said,” he continues trying not to sound too grave. ”King of the North, for all the good that does -“ not much, really, in his opinion, ”Oceane is Queen of the Southern lands.” he smiles. ”Seems you chose a difficult time to search for a home though. Both our kingdoms have burned - we have the former king in the East to thank.” Former, because even if Leilan doesn’t know of his death, he certainly knows about Straia succeeding him. Whether that was something the draconic stallion had wanted doesn’t matter to the shifter; it’s her he doesn’t feel like getting mad.

All things considered she already might be, but that’s a madness of the other type - and Leilan knows he’s not the one to be pointing fingers in that regard. ”You could say rebuilding is something I’m good at, though. If there’s anything you need, let me know.” He knows full well that Noah is a southerner, and that Loess is more likely to get a fast recovery than the North; but Oceane herself, well, she needs to be strong too - but the strong need their own ways of coping, he knows first-hand. Somehow he doesn’t think she wants to go raiding the lands in the east, but whatever else he can offer, she can have.
    I am the dragon
    and you call me insane

Image commissioned by Vanilla, made by AshesDrawn on DA

@[Finian] @[Oceane]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    I fell for your magic; any - by Finian - 09-15-2020, 08:45 PM
    RE: I fell for your magic; any - by Oceane - 09-16-2020, 08:07 PM
    RE: I fell for your magic; any - by Leilan - 09-17-2020, 04:07 PM
    RE: I fell for your magic; any - by Finian - 09-29-2020, 05:00 PM
    RE: I fell for your magic; any - by Oceane - 10-03-2020, 07:38 PM
    RE: I fell for your magic; any - by Leilan - 10-06-2020, 12:30 AM
    RE: I fell for your magic; any - by Finian - 10-19-2020, 10:04 PM