• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dawn disrupts me; any
    She calls out to him and he feels some sinking feeling to know that he has given himself away. Perhaps he should have approached as a serpent, he thinks. Not that he’d wanted to sneak up on her, but he had not wanted to talk. He has never been an especially social creature, preferring solitude to the stifling confines of social interaction. Even where his twin sister was concerned, he found himself shirking her company more often as they got older. 

Something he had inherited from their parents maybe. A willingness to confront loneliness. A preference for it even. 

He does not immediately respond to her greeting. But then she turns to face him, approaches him, her mouth open in wonder. And maybe that’s what he’d wanted. Maybe there had been some small part of him that had wanted her to look at him like that, all wide-eyed wonder. 

Certainly, he had not done it to be kind. He had not inherited kindness from his parents, had he? Neither of them possessed it. And yet. She looks at him like that and it makes him itch with unease and that feeling forces him to confront the possibility that he had done it to make her smile. But this does not sit right with him either, so he stands there in silence a long moment as she comes closer, her nose outstretched like she’s going to touch him.

I don’t know,” he admits, quiet. The stars cease their falling when he looks at her and exhales a shuddering sigh. 

@[Moonlet]  Heart

Messages In This Thread
    dawn disrupts me; any - by Moonlet - 10-04-2020, 03:46 PM
    RE: dawn disrupts me; any - by gravitas - 10-04-2020, 05:34 PM
    RE: dawn disrupts me; any - by Moonlet - 10-05-2020, 06:14 AM
    RE: dawn disrupts me; any - by gravitas - 10-06-2020, 05:02 PM
    RE: dawn disrupts me; any - by Moonlet - 11-01-2020, 12:20 PM