• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you made a holy fool of me, and i've thanked you ever since.
    Torrent nodded, the strange intrigue young children have for monsters rich in his mind. "Oh, sure!" He bounced on his tiptoes, mind racing with the stories he'd been told. Creatures with massive teeth and rigid scales, rope-like tentacles and slicing beaks. Eyes as big as coconuts, that could see in the deepest, darkest trenches. A delicious shiver ran down his back, the fluff of his mane bristling in response. 

"Have you ever heard of a shark?" He asked, eyes wide. He'd met sharks, of course. And not many of them were mean just to be mean. But their jagged teeth and solid black eyes were enough to unnerve just about anyone. 

He glanced at the cheerfully lapping water. It was hard to imagine any of the hungry beasts beneath the waves, but they were there. Ma told him stories about them, and his brothers even resembled some. Sharks and giant squid and needle toothed eels were much less scary when they were made out of glassy water to swim over his head. He couldn't wait until he was big enough to swim out to where they lived.  

Sheepishly, he realized that enthusiasm was not shared by his companion. With an apologetic smile, he listened as the golden man mulled the question of what to name a crab. While his imagination was nearly endless when it came to the creatures of the deep, it faltered when he had one right in front of him. 

Perplexed, he shrugged when the name was decided on. Whatever a "starsin" was, it seemed special to the pegasus. And that was potentially problematic because "She's not gonna survive long out of the water. A few hours, maybe." He watched carefully as the stallion made his way to the beach, reddish blur of Starsin Junior clinging to his foot beneath the water. 

He wanted to be helpful though, and ran through a few ideas that might be possible. "You're not from here. My Ma might be able to make a- a bubble, or something to bring her home in? If you live by the ocean." He paused doubtfully. But then she'd just swim off again. "You could stay here with her?" Oh. But then she'd definitely swim away, as soon as the tide rose. Hmm. This was harder than her thought it would be. 

@[Ophanim]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you made a holy fool of me, and i've thanked you ever since. - by Torrent - 11-12-2020, 02:44 PM