• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello

I got extra feelings

Yanhua couldn’t explain what drew him away from the familiar comfort of his shared den, only that it was a feeling. Between himself and Amarine there was nothing but that, so perhaps this was the reason why. The goat-horned stallion only knew that he was restless, and so restless legs got walking to soothe the ache of a wayward soul and tumultuous mind. His deft toes, split apart down the middle, increased his traction as he wandered uphill through all manner of dewey greenery. There were low-lyings plants that budded in soft blossoms of white and yellow, whose leaves spread apart over an already moss-covered earth. Everywhere he looked there was the comfort of endless redwoods, all varying sizes and adorned with springtime colors themselves. Now and then he’d slow to watch a doe and her offspring sprint away and he’d smile, aware that these were healthy signs for the forest. His mane and tail dimmed their glow as the light grew stronger from far above, but Yanhua kept on toward Nerine.

He was consumed with the thought of Amarine and the state he’d left her in so many months ago, when they’d shared a laugh and then much more. He wondered (as he topped a hill with boulders sprouting up from the earth like toadstools) how she was, if she was alright with what had happened between them… Most importantly, he missed her. With Borderline things had been easy and almost expected - the graying mare with a mane and tail full of blue hair had been smitten with him, and likewise he’d been apt enough to fall into her charming smile and easygoing manner. Though younger than him, Yanhua had felt that Borderline complimented his lifestyle well. She asked for very little except his time, which he had in excess these days, and to his surprise he didn’t mind her extended company so much.

However, there was the occasional need for him to slip away and be on his own like he’d always been. Habits built in his childhood were hard to break now that he was nearly a mature stallion, and though he put on a brave face for Borderline, Yanhua sometimes felt he could not truly connect with her. Time, he thought absently, winding along the high path with only his thoughts to console him, time could remedy that situation. It had remedied many other situations for him before, so why not this one? Borderline needed time to mature and grow, and becoming parents would keep them plenty busy in the meantime.

I really am going to be a father. Yan thought anxiously, but he hadn’t a moment more to consider that thought before a high squeal broke through the peaceful silence and interrupted him. He froze, head high, and opened himself to an echo that left him running forward into the woods before it could even fade away.

“Amarine?” He greeted her, crashing through the woods in a state of total disarray. The saplings bent their branches aside for him, and his mane was full of twigs and leaves he’d picked up along the way. Draped over one horn was sagging moss from where he’d brushed up against a low-hanging bough as he’d galloped by. None of that concerned him - he was worried for the black-and-teal mare lying in his neck of the woods, obviously in labour.

For a moment he was speechless and at a loss for what to do, but just as quickly he shook his head and sprung into action, bending forward to fold down onto his belly beside her. From here he could support her weight against his side if she needed to rest.

“I’m here, now. I’ll breathe with you.” Yan promised, pressing his bearded lips to her neck and feeling the rhythm of her heart pounding under her skin. She was hot to the touch and he was no midwife, but Yanhua was determined to help until she said otherwise. It was the one good thing he could do - the one good deed he might do, in lieu of her needing someone with more experience. He closed his eyes to match her rhythm, letting the soft echoes of wavelike images flow freely from himself to her until it was his heart and not his mouth that seemed to relay a message of tranquility.
    Nerine’s shoreline, empty and serene. The gray water rolling up to surge over the multi-colored pebbles before dragging itself back again in a white foam. The moory downs twitching in the wind of an oncoming storm, where the sky grows black but not ominous. A calm and placid lake, smooth as glass with fog hovering just above the surface. The water is cold, and clear, and crisp on the tongue. You can see the rocks lying under the surface, where fat gray and silver fish swim in lazy circuits near the shoreline.
    He sends her this and more, breathing with Amarine as long as she will let him, and together they share what he loves most about her. The ocean - Amarine's majesty and power, awesome in his eyes and indescribably beautiful. The moors - her resilience and ability to cling to hope, come what may. The lake - her spirit and depth of feeling, and the fish inside are the ones lucky enough to have gained her trust. He fancies himself one of these.

Yanhua smiled behind closed eyes and felt his heart thud in his chest, raw from how much he had missed Amarine, waiting patiently for a sign.
    PERSONALITY | HISTORY | REFERENCES

@[Amarine]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello - by Yanhua - 11-16-2020, 06:28 PM