• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when i get my hands on you, jassal pony
    get up off your knees, boy
    Stand face to face with your god

She is spared the flame-tongued lick of irritation when he moves away from her.
    Had she really hungered for warmth, she would have had no choice but to succumb to frustration. But she has so little interest in weakness now. The cold has sunk so deep into her bones now that she doesn’t believe she’ll ever fully exorcise it, but she savors the burn of it. She savors the pain it brings with it.

She is no damsel, though she plays one so well, and she feels nothing at all as he turns to face her. There, in the furthest corner of her mouth, the flicker of some dark smirk that burns out like a supernova. Collapses in on itself like a blackhole as she studies his face bathed in the soft glow of her nebulous wings, the stars tangled in her hair.

He grins at her but she merely flutters her heavy eyelids, her chin tucked up to her chest. “Crowns,” she coos, a saccharine echo. She supposes he’s right -- the name is meaningless. She does not offer hers in return. Not in any great display of pettiness nor any desire to feel like she has convinced him to share with her something she’s not willing to share herself.

What an interesting name,” she murmurs and then turns from him, cuts her way through the water back to dry land. The burn of cold in her bones will linger, she knows, and she will let it.

ALTAR

@[crowns]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when i get my hands on you, jassal pony - by altar - 11-23-2020, 12:58 AM