• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  The storm likes to go where it's not invited

She was not quite what you would call refined

When the light fades, she is wearing her wings again, if only so she can ruffle them, self-satisfied, with the soft hissing, zipping, sound that feathers make when their edges rustle together. Their weight across her back is no longer a burden, and they do not remind her of her time in the Pampas any longer, but Leilan's words do and the bright grin on her face drops away, leaving darkness for a moment. The wildness of her eyes is not lessened by the change.

"It is already boring here, I can't make it worse."

Boring and quiet and sad. That signature smile leaps to her lips again and she resolves to screech over the Isle just as much as possible. Perhaps it is unwise, but Popinjay fears no dragons, neither ones of fire nor those of ice, she may have learned caution, but fear still evades her.

The boy asks her if she wants to be stopped and she turns to look at him curiously. She does not want him to stop her, but she does love tricks. How is she supposed to choose? Her first difficult choice as leader, it is barely a choice at all. Small ears flick forward, eager, trembling.

"I do not want you to stop me, no, but I would very much like to see whatever you'd like to show me."
    Image by Breyos

@[Leilan] @[crowns]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The storm likes to go where it's not invited - by Popinjay - 11-25-2020, 11:35 AM