• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  round one (of two)
    Laia nodded awake, dimly aware that she had traveled in her sleep. It wasn't something she often did anymore; yet here she stood on a heathery hill that looked nothing like home. Stepping carefully through the thick vegetation she made her way down the hill to where it met with a gravelly beach. 

Eyes peeled for any sign of trouble, she tried to guess where she had ended up. No place she had been before, that was for sure. The shore was mostly quiet if you didn't count the constant crash of waves, or the crying of seabirds. Other horses were nowhere to be seen. What was to be seen took a moment before it caught her attention. Grinning, the young mare approached her seaside companion. 

A small, unobtrusive reptile darted from one half-submerged rock to another to scratch at an exposed mussel adhered to the stony surface. 

"You're a funny little winklepicker, aren't you? Don't be shellfish, show me what you've got." Her mouth twitched with a smile at the bad joke that she could only be grateful no-one had been within range to hear. Considering what her father would do in this position, she observed the new critter's unique traits: a bony looking nose protrubence for prying at shellfish, long claws for grasping the slippery wet rocks, and a remarkably dull coloration that she could only suppose helped him avoid being eaten by something larger. Perhaps those circling seabirds. 

"Best of luck- er, how about I call you Kevin? Kevin seems like a good name for a funny little lizard like you. Must be going though, before my family starts wondering where I've gone." Failing to get any sort of reply from Kevin, she shrugged and apparated back home. Just wait until dad heard about her new discovery! 

QRUVXZ <- remaining letters

Messages In This Thread
    round one (of two) - by Beqanna Fairy - 11-26-2020, 12:52 AM
    RE: round one (of two) - by obelisk - 11-28-2020, 12:29 AM
    RE: round one (of two) - by sleaze - 11-28-2020, 03:54 PM
    RE: round one (of two) - by Tiercel - 11-28-2020, 06:38 PM
    RE: round one (of two) - by Viridis - 11-28-2020, 07:50 PM
    RE: round one (of two) - by grimjaw - 11-28-2020, 09:22 PM
    RE: round one (of two) - by Ionia - 11-30-2020, 10:59 PM
    RE: round one (of two) - by Laia - 12-02-2020, 12:06 AM
    RE: round one (of two) - by Grove - 12-02-2020, 12:20 AM
    RE: round one (of two) - by Wight - 12-02-2020, 12:38 AM