• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  just deliver me truth; gale
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

Gale’s bright eyes trace the colorful canopy ahead, one ear flicked down and back toward Breach to hear her reply. She does know the pale shifter, it seems. He can hear the smile in the friendly use of what must be Mazikeen’s nickname without even glancing back. This knowledge doesn’t surprise him, though he does wonder – just for a moment – what Mazikeen might have told Breach about him. All she knows are good things, Gale decides after a moment, and maybe who she’d fought in the Alliance hadn’t come up between the Queen and her Champion.

The pegasus glances down, thinking of Breach as a queen, and is somewhat startled to find that the laugh he’d only heard earlier had transformed her entire being. The sensation he’d felt earlier – of her being a predator – remains, and yet he cannot help but feel that perhaps he does not seem quite so much like prey as he might have earlier. She seems brighter somehow, certainly more relaxed, and it appears infectious. (Gale checks, but Pteron is far away in Ischia, and who else projects happiness?)

With the wooden whale coming into view, Gale isn’t look at her for as long as he’d like to, to find out exactly what it was about her appearance that had changed so remarkably.

Instead, he takes a few short side steps so she might see the view unobstructed. The lavender and orange seagrass waves atop the black dunes, and in the center of it all is the wooden board with the image of a whale. That kind – the orcas – are not common here in Islandres, but he has heard they are often found in the northern lands. Much of the paint is worn away, enough that Gale’s guess: “Maybe since before the Reckoning?” seems to make sense.

“I’ve named it Colby.” Gale tells Breach. “The whale, I mean. It’s been here a long time, and I thought it deserved a name.” Gale is rather particular about names after all. He’s proud of having outwaited the fairies and choosing something new for his island, after all.

@[breach]

Messages In This Thread
    just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 11-22-2020, 03:10 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 11-24-2020, 08:11 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 11-25-2020, 12:25 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 11-25-2020, 11:46 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-01-2020, 01:26 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-02-2020, 09:40 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-23-2020, 07:50 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-27-2020, 04:41 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-30-2020, 02:49 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-30-2020, 08:37 PM