• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  to have someone kiss the skin that crawls from you
    B E Y Z A
    remember me when i’m reborn as a shrike

The eclipse suits the reaper, of course. His yellow eyes stand out but only just, and Beyza is aware he is close before she can even see them. It feels as though the air has become charged and the pressure rises with every step he takes.

And yet, for a moment, her eyes do not shift from where her child has disappeared into the darkness. As though she could will it to come back, to meet Jamie. They are kindred spirits, she knows, the creature that she had birthed and the one standing before her now. More alike than she will ever be to either of them. 

Jamie’s whisper brings her back into the present, causes her eyes to shift from the general darkness to the solid wall of it he creates. She steps towards him, anticipation and an intoxicating calm mixing inside of her, and she meets his shark-tooth smile with a gentle one of her own.

She steps around the decapitated corpse, bleeding midnight black blood into the earth at their hooves, until they are close enough to touch.

But she refrains from it for now, though it is all she wants. “It’s all for you, my reaper.” She whispers back. It’s bold, that term, but considering they are standing beneath an eclipse. Considering she has just birthed a monster, considering her sacrifices - she thinks she’s earned that small word.

My reaper.

She’s proud of him just as much as she is proud of herself. They're perfect equals now. Her white eyes dance as they meet his yellow gaze. Her voice coming again in a whisper, gentle with reverence.

“I can feel your new power.”

@[jamie]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: to have someone kiss the skin that crawls from you - by Beyza - 01-02-2021, 08:36 PM