• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  to have someone kiss the skin that crawls from you
    Jamie
    He had been confused in the days after they had emerged from the Afterlife.
    She had told him then that she knew what he was, told him before he ever knew what he was.

He had known then that he belonged to death but had not yet learned that death belonged to him, too. But there is no denying it now, no shadow of doubt left in his mind. While he was once only Darkness, he is now also Death.

He is what he is because she is what she is, he thinks. Because she had seen him for what he was long before he saw it for himself. And she had tried to show him but he had been young and afraid and resistent. He had denied her.

But he will not deny her again. Will never deny her again.

My reaper, she says, and something dark twists and writhes in the pit of his gut.

There had been a time when he could not look at her, when he had hidden his gaze behind his sister. There had been a time when she had made it plainly evident that they were not friends.

But he stands here now, her reaper.

This new power. His only thanks to her, thanks to the sacrifice she had made but he had been unaware of. And he is unaware of it still, when he sinks closer and he is solid enough to touch her. The edges immediately soften back into that same dark vapor and they make again that fog-like gray.

Will you show me how to use it?” he asks, quiet. Ironic, certainly, that she should be trained by his mother and he should ask her for help.

( FROM THE DESTRUCTION, OUT OF THE FLAME
    YOU NEED A VILLAIN, GIVE ME A NAME )

@[Beyza]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: to have someone kiss the skin that crawls from you - by jamie - 01-02-2021, 09:56 PM