• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  in a sea gone black
    oceane
    a little white light in a sea gone black

Fiorina's comment inspires a small grin from Oceane ─ war and its catalysts had never come easily to the opaline woman. She could only imagine how counterintuitive it would be to place her upon the battlefield. Even in Nau-Aib, her position on the council had existed only in diplomatics. Incompetent in battle, indeed.

Oceane's gilded eyes watch the way the flames flicker across Fiorina's face, her own smile mirrored in the xenomorph's as the new Loessian accepts the role presented to her. She suddenly feels light in her chest, as if the stone weight that had been sitting there for over a year now had finally crumbled into nonexistence. For the first time since Lepis' death, the Queen of the South feels something akin to hope. Even the mention of Fiorina's children, likely just as intimidating in appearance and personality as the xenomorph before her, draws relief through her winged body. "I trust that you'll keep them in line," she responds in kind, with laughter on the edges of her words.

At mention of the harbinger before her, Oceane can only sigh and nod at the latter option Fiorina has presented to her. "Loess was lively when it became my home. But Castile's own spiral into madness caused many Loessians to flee, and then there were others who were not pleased that it was Lepis who bore the crown after his disappearance."

She continues into the history of her life in Loess, recounting overtly the times that both she and her son had been stolen away to live as captives in Pangea, and ending finally with the fiery razing caused by Ghaul and his counterparts that had leveled Loess and murdered Lepis.

She pauses briefly, her eyes peering out into the darkness around them as if looking for Pangean intruders again, before returning them to Fiorina. "And now they hold Tarian captive, the man I had intended to make Loess' Champion. I can't say that I blame those who left these foothills in search of something more peaceful."

@[Fiorina]
    ""

i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    in a sea gone black - by Oceane - 01-06-2021, 02:04 PM
    RE: in a sea gone black - by Fiorina - 01-08-2021, 07:14 PM
    RE: in a sea gone black - by Oceane - 01-10-2021, 06:21 PM
    RE: in a sea gone black - by Fiorina - 01-15-2021, 10:08 PM
    RE: in a sea gone black - by Oceane - 01-23-2021, 06:53 PM