• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  out of the dark [any]

stars when you shine, you know how i feel
    oh freedom is mine

"Home sweet home, eh?" Nashua jests with the older stallion. He stretches out his auburn wings as if he might shake out the chill that the pair were joking about. For the horses who could acclimate to the Isle, it wasn't such a bad existence; one that Jesper points out.

Apart from the damage done by Castile, the Isle was primarily left to its own devices. It was the mainlanders who seemed to get tangled in political and personal affairs. At least out here, most of the residents tended to keep to themselves.

Nash can't say that he exactly minds.

(All of this is about to change. There is a white pegasus tucked somewhere along the North who occupies most of his thoughts these days, with the impending arrival of their child. A fleeting glance back at the hazy landscape in the distance shows this.)

The pair walks as Jesper shares some of his knowledge with Nashua about his time as leader. It had been Leilan who had left the Isle to the fox-shifter when he'd abdicated, he wonders? There is a gap in his mentor's history that Nashua only knows that he took to roaming the lands. The theft of @[Jesper] explains (at least to the young pegasus) why the Freyr had returned.

"You defended your home," Nashua replies to the dark stallion. His eyes shift from bright blue to dark green. "And when you returned, you didn't seek to regain your title." Perhaps a more ambitious,  power-driven creature would. But that does not seem like Jesper. "Rather you appear to want to help the place you once ruled?" Nash asks his companion, looking at the black stallion from beneath his flaxen forelock.

It'd be admirable, Nashua thinks. Honorable, even.
    Fitting traits for anyone, leader or not.

NASHUA

html by castlegraphics; art by MirrorLands

okay wow so i'm the worst and somehow missed this - i absolutely still want this thread!
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    out of the dark [any] - by Jesper - 09-27-2020, 02:12 PM
    RE: out of the dark [any] - by Nashua - 10-02-2020, 03:25 PM
    RE: out of the dark [any] - by Jesper - 10-11-2020, 06:14 AM
    RE: out of the dark [any] - by Nashua - 10-29-2020, 01:12 PM
    RE: out of the dark [any] - by Jesper - 01-07-2021, 05:20 PM
    RE: out of the dark [any] - by Nashua - 01-22-2021, 10:40 AM