• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  moon's rising and my blood is growing cold

Mazikeen recognizes the mare that approaches, but no name immediately comes to her - and for a moment she wonders whether that’s because she’s losing her ability to think rationally or because they have not properly met. When an introduction comes, though, she realizes it’s the second. One of the pack members she’s heard about from Breach but had not actually crossed paths with yet. It’s a welcome distraction.

Or, half of a distraction - because even though she’s allowed to stay in the pack while she’s working to complete her quest, she still feels like there is a barrier up between herself and the rest of them.

Still, her interest and the easy smile that colours her voice are not faked - despite her current circumstances, she's glad to finally get the chance to meet another that calls Hyaline home. “Oh, Casimira! You’re the dragon shifter, right? I’m Maze.” Although it should probably occur to Mazikeen that Casimira knew of her already the same way the other white mare was familiar to her, it doesn’t. And regardless, it only feels polite to properly introduce herself.

Her head tilts a little to regard the thin arch of flame. “I can only make an aura out of fire, but it’s the only trick I've got left in me right now.” A thick bitterness seeps into her voice as she says this, and Maze swallows against the way it seems to close up her throat. She wonders whether it's odd that she misses the blissful exhaustion that shifting gives her so much that using her fire aura until it drains all her energy is actually comforting. But, worried that this is an odd way to think (and aware that it's absolutely not helping her with her quest) she opts not to consider this out loud.

Her orange gaze flicks back to Casimira and she attempts a wry smile. “And it’s not a bad one to have right now, with everything.” She'd once used this fire to protect her in battle but she couldn't deny it's efficiency as a flashlight to break up the darkness too.

@[Casimira]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: moon's rising and my blood is growing cold - by Mazikeen - 01-27-2021, 03:35 PM