• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark as night and clear as day; abandon
    ABANDON

There’s a familiarity in the darkness that neither seems able to give a name to. It instead something unspoken, something not quite understood but yet completely natural. It settles into his bones until he feels that he can taste it on the edge of his tongue—a sweetness that tempts him to learn more. His nose twitches slightly as he continues to study the other in the darkness, the shadows a comfort more than anything the longer that he stands in them, the longer that he lets them creep up his back.

“I know what you mean,” he admits, always hesitant to say the truth to others but not finding it impossible with this other boy. “It’s,” he pauses, trying to find the exact wording, “right, in a way.”

The only true rightness that he has ever known in this world.

At the other’s name, he cannot stop the laugh that explodes from him—as dark as the world around them. He doesn’t bother to hide it, his red eyes sharpening with pleasure and more understanding.

“A fine name,” he says, but there is no sarcasm to it, nothing but even more familiarity.

He rolls a shoulder, before he offers his own in return.

“Abandon,” he says with a quick flick of his lip into a crooked smile. “My name is Abandon.”

I want to see your sadness. I want to share your sin.
    I want to bleed your blood. I want to be let in.

@[Bad]

Messages In This Thread
    dark as night and clear as day; abandon - by Bad - 01-02-2021, 08:02 PM
    RE: dark as night and clear as day; abandon - by abandon - 01-31-2021, 04:06 PM