• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Be still, and listen to your heart [Roselin]

one lives in hope of becoming a memory

I laugh heartily when @[Roselin] admits to wishing she was a different color. “Well, I’m the spitting image of my dad, other than my mane and tail, in that respect. And while it does make me feel like daddy’s little special girl sometimes, I feel like I’ll always be living in his shadow.” And he cast a pretty big shadow, both literally and figuratively. “Anyway, I like your color. It makes you…unique. I like the gold,” I say, motioning with my nose toward her mane.”

As we move down the path, I keep my ears tipped in the other filly’s direction, listening to her talk while also making sure to ignore emotional memories that were not my own. No one wanted me intruding on their thoughts all the time, and anyway, it was good practice for what Yanhua was teaching me about my gift.

The conversation turns to the rest of our family–or rather just my half-siblings. When Roselin mentions that Cheri likely has gifts of her own, I give a small, excited skip. “She does! We recently learned that she has the gift of healing. I think that’s definitely cooler than empathic echoes, which can be…intrusive, at least in my opinion.” It was the one thing that I wasn’t always terribly good at, keeping out of other horses’ heads, especially when I’m not practicing. I tend to let everyone’s emotions in, and always have, so when father wanted me to learn to keep memories out, it was definitely not something I was used to.

It is definitely exciting to share in the passions of plant life with someone else. Having flora revival, one of the few traits I shared with my mother, had always given me a deep appreciation for the life of plants. I could literally feel every cell within a plant as it mutated and divided and grew when I was using my gift. When Roselin shares the image of the sunflower, as hazy as the picture is, my jaw drops. “Those are…so cool! I exclaim. “They’re huge! They would fit right in here among the giant redwoods!”

And suddenly, a plan started forming in my head. It was an ambitious plan, for sure, but a plan nonetheless. “Rosy–!” I breathe, stopping in my tracks, “If we could find these sunflowers somewhere, we could easily bring them back. Just like dad and Amarine are going on a quest up the mountain to ask the fairies to bring different flora and fauna to Taiga, we could go on a quest to find the sunflowers! And then we can bring one back, and even if it’s dead, I have the ability to bring plants back to life. It would be so easy, and so perfect!” I was practically skipping at the idea.

memorie

Photo by Saffu from Unsplash

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Be still, and listen to your heart [Roselin] - by Memorie - 01-31-2021, 05:17 PM