• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sometimes the heart can lead you astray [any]

one lives in hope of becoming a memory

Weeks had turned into months, and months had quite possibly turned into years. It was hard to tell with the sun gone. Maybe we could have kept track of the dim glow of the sun in the sky behind the moon that blacked out much of its light, but everyone had kind of gotten used to the dark and no longer paid much mind. There was little to say that the seasons were changing, because without light, the world had grown cold. Bitterly so. Mother and I were keeping everyone in Taiga fed, including all the grazing wildlife that lived there with us. I think the elk had grown quite fond of their equine counterparts, because where ever we went, the grass followed, and so too did they. I had even played with their young a few times.

But those days were quickly passing, as I grew taller and thicker and started to settle down some–well, at least where the playfulness was concerned. What I hadn’t settled down in was my need to explore, and while Taiga was a large territory, and the darkness provided a new mystique to the land, I had explored pretty much every inch of it with Cheri and Reynard, and I was growing bored. Quite bored.

Mother would have killed me if she knew, but I couldn’t take it anymore, so this morning, I had risen early from our little den and set out along a well-worn path through the redwoods. I wouldn’t travel far, and not to anyplace scary, but Cheri had told me about where her and Targaryen had met, the Forest, and I figured that was as good a place as any to sneak off to. It was a neutral land, so I wouldn’t be trespassing on anyone else’s territory and stepping on anyone’s toes.

I can barely see the trail ahead of me as I move, even with the soft glow coming from my four white socks that bathe the ground in a very dim, golden light. I hoped I was going in the right direction, but there’s a small, nagging feeling at the back of my mind that tells me perhaps I am not. I had only ever been this way once, when I traveled to the Field with mother (which is what led me to believe I would be fine). The trail had seemed familiar…at first. Now, though, things were shifting. The ground was becoming dry and hard, and I could sense large structures closing in around me, like walls.

I could sense the plant life here as well, and it was…dry, mostly consisting of brush and grass. It was not something I would have expected to find in a forest. Something wasn’t quite right, and I could sense a trickle of fear beginning to seep into me. I try to look back, but the darkness only allows me a very short sight indeed. Then I hear the gravel crunch back in the direction I had been walking only seconds earlier. “Hello?” I ask the darkness. Could this be one of those monsters who had attacked Cheri? Could it be a friendly face that would help me find my way back?

memorie

Photo by Saffu from Unsplash

Was hoping to shake things up a bit. Since I know there’s been some bad blood between the north and Pangea, I was hoping someone could...do something mean to little Memmie, cause some chaos and strife.

Messages In This Thread
    Sometimes the heart can lead you astray [any] - by Memorie - 02-06-2021, 07:48 PM