• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you say you want your freedom, any

The light that meets the dark

Out across the shoreline, with the crash and lull of waves in her ears, Cheri could faintly see the other horse standing their ground. Everything, everything was cast in hazy grays and black. The sky was that same telltale color it’d been since the Eclipse, lending darkness to Cheri’s already ink-black fur. If she didn’t glow, (and if she could see herself from the stranger’s eyes) she could see how, if not for her glowing markings and barely-lit wings, she might be mistaken for a deadly creature of the night.

They were multiplying, after all. Changing and getting sneakier at their nefarious craft. When her father returned from border patrol once, Cheri had overheard him whispering to her mother that a bypasser had seen a monster parading around as someone they knew. They’d barely escaped death, but hoped to warn whomever they could on their way home to the Islands. Cheri hadn’t slept for days after that, too afraid of the possibility that the spawn of hell itself could masquerade as her father, or her mother… even Rey.

The other horse - whoever they were - was right to be on their guard.

“I got caught in a draft while practicing with my wings.” Cheri explained as the other horse approached. Her eyes, perhaps unseen in the dark, caught what little light there was to see by when they rose from underneath her feathery lashes to try and make out her captor. “I struggled just to reach this beach, and then I landed. I swear - if the boulder exploded because of that, I didn’t mean for it to.” She told him softly, trembling.

What was he going to do to her?
    Time and time again her father had warned her: do not go east, if she had to wander at all. Hyaline was to be avoided and Pangea was strictly off-limits for her, and of course she knew by proxy that the little territories therein also counted when Yan had been telling her all of this, but Cheri had thought she was being clever when she purposefully flew out over the cover earlier today. He hadn’t explicitly said not to do that, had he? Now look at her.

Every fear she’d ever had pounded into her by her parents suddenly caught like a lump in her throat. Invisible in the darkness, hot tears of anxiety rose in her eyes and blurred Cheri’s vision. He was going to hurt her, wasn’t he? She’d trespassed and broken something of theirs, and now she was going to suffer because of it. Poor pappa Yan, and mother Ama. They would miss her so much. And Reynard and Memorie - Cheri would miss them.

“Please.” Cheri found her voice, and a little sliver of hope with it. “I’m very tired. I won’t run away, so please - don’t attack me.”

@[starlore]

Messages In This Thread
    you say you want your freedom, any - by starlore - 02-09-2021, 03:15 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 02-09-2021, 06:51 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 02-20-2021, 06:15 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 02-26-2021, 12:09 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 03-09-2021, 12:36 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 03-21-2021, 11:59 AM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 04-06-2021, 01:52 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 04-15-2021, 10:46 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 04-27-2021, 02:28 PM