• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm well acquainted with villains that live in my head, rosebay
    i think i'm better on my own but i get so lost in you
    There is something refreshing about the other girl, in their shared similarities. It could be a dangerous game, sometimes, to get two calculating minds so close to each other. There was always the chance that they would never mesh, like oil and water, both of them warring over some imaginary idea of dominance. That is not what Desire is after right now, though. It wasn’t difficult to find someone she didn’t get along with— that was nearly everyone. And she was not in search of someone that she could control; if anything, Desire leaned on the lazy side, and the last thing she wanted was someone that needed to be told what to do.

She wanted a co-conspirator, someone that would not bend to anyone’s whims but would not exhaustively fight, either.
    An ally wouldn’t be the right word, since that required at least an ounce of trust, and Desire had none of that to spare, but it was close.

And the way the girl drops the act so quickly tells Desire all she needs to know.
    She has no doubt that Rosebay is just as good at this game as she is, but had she continued to push back just now, to try and force the upper hand, she would have known that she would be more trouble than she is worth.

When the poison first reaches her veins, she almost thinks that anyway.

Growing up with Stave she was used to the unexpected attacks — the way he would sometimes so subtly begin to drain the life from her, just enough to get a reaction from her. That is what the poison reminds her of, the way it rushes in and then rushes back out, like the waves of the sea. Her breath catches in her throat, and when her vision blurs the dark makes it all the more disorienting. But she clenches her jaw when it leaves, closes her eyes to keep the ground beneath her from tilting,

When she opens them again her gaze sharpens on the girl, and, nearly breathless, there is a moment when something like fury glints in black depths of her eyes. It passes, though, and the smile the weaves across her lips is an appreciative one. “Have you ever killed anyone?”

i think i'm better on my own but i'm so obsessed with you
    desire

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm well acquainted with villains that live in my head, rosebay - by Desire - 03-21-2021, 07:10 PM