• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to break me clean it two
    Mazikeen
    Mazikeen is expecting the new plan to be that they just never see each other again. Some other variation of everything Gale has been telling her since he last showed up here in Hyaline - some excuse of why she needs to give up on her promise. It seems, however, that she’s not done being shocked by what he has to say today. When his new plan is more observation she cannot help the stunned, whisper-soft “What?” that escapes her. It's a common theme now, this reaction from her.

Her heart is racing so wildly and that storm of emotions has begun to spin so violently in her mind she has to really focus to hear his words.

She’s far too distracted by how direct Gale is being to appropriately scowl at the idea of him stealing her away. Far too distracted by how his words are feeding the hope she’s tried so desperately to kill and making it swell in her chest like the sun itself is living there. It makes sense, she thinks, to really be able to keep an eye on him. She’s not particularly worried about what trouble he might be able to cause here - partially due to her lack of understanding about the curse and partially due to her faith in the inhabitants here. And that ever-present stubborn belief she’ll be enough to stop him when the time comes.

Mazikeen speaks before she has her thoughts together, her voice distracted and faint at first. “I would have stayed in Islandres the last time I was there if you had asked but now… I can’t leave Hyaline…” She shakes her feline head, frightened by the emotions this idea is stirring up. By the weight of the truth that she would have left her home to stay with him. She forces herself to focus, be rational. It doesn’t necessarily mean anything. It’ll be harder for her to pretend she doesn’t care about him the way she does if he’s around all the time but surely that’s a weight she can carry.

When she speaks again, her voice is stronger and she doesn’t bother to try to hide the pain and confusion that cracks through it. “You have barely been able to even look at me the last few times we’ve seen each other and now you want to move in?” Her eyes do not break from their intent focus on him - maybe she's watching for signs this is just some joke. Mazikeen likes how direct Gale is being now, how sure he sounds, but it’s so at odds with their last encounters she’s not sure what to make of it. This sounds more like the Gale who had asked her questions after their fight, who had shown her around his home and made her laugh. Who'd worked his way so effortlessly into her heart.

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    this is going to break me clean it two - by Gale - 04-02-2021, 10:21 AM
    RE: this is going to break me clean it two - by Mazikeen - 04-08-2021, 09:02 AM