• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Catch that mirror way out west - Any

Kiss me again
    Kiss me until I am sick of it

Lightning cracks across the sky and illuminates her face, he can see the moment when his words strike true. As they burrow deep into her heart and fester like a sickness. Something within him recoils at the hurt in her eyes, the open sadness and pain at his rejection. However, the thrill of his cruelty outweighs it, curling himself into the rough folds of the protective blanket his words created. That moment of uncertainty (regret?) doesn’t reach his own features, the smirk never slips and the red of his eyes only seem to glow brighter.

The rain is relentless, he is soaked to the bone but the chill of the air doesn’t seem to register. Everything is focused on her. “Coward” If her emotions hadn’t betrayed her already then the softness of her voice would. The small stutter of uncertainty. He chuckles softly as she grasps at straws, trying to find some advantage in wounding him the way he had wounded her. Failing miserable. "Rogue nobody, ill mannered beast." Her insults irritate for only a moment but not enough to dig deep. “If I’m such a nobody then why are you so bothered?” He whispers with another sneer, truly curious but not wanting to give away too much. It registers that he doesn’t even know her name but desires it as much as he craves the fae nectar that helps him escape reality.

“You’re cruel” Yes, he was. It comes to him then that despite his mortality and supernatural absence, he really did have his own superpower. The way he wielded his words like a knife could fell even the largest giant. Look at the magical girl before him, how easily he held a dagger to her throat and made her into nothing. Made her weaker then him. And yet… It also makes him angry. How easily her voice breaks, the wings wrapping like a shield around her. The way she doesn’t even bother to fight like she had seconds ago. She had everything that he lacked and in a matter of seconds let herself be reduced to rubble.

“Would you like to see my other talents?” Comes the smooth retort, wanting her to look at him again. Wanting that fire he had seen to spark back to life. Surely he hadn’t been mistaken, when his boredom had vanished in a moment of intrigue. There’s a million reasons, good and bad, for not wanting her to shut down. He wants her to hate him as much as he hates her. Wants to see her hatred and drown in it. This girl who had been given everything that had been denied to him, who had nothing to be angry about. Maybe he just wants to see himself for a moment in somebody else, thought that he had recognized something in her that spoke to a dark lonely place pushed deep in his soul. Wants to escape from that thought that still lingers on why exactly he despises her so much, finding it easier to hide in this thick armor he's created for himself. 

Obscene

@[Cheri]

Messages In This Thread
    Catch that mirror way out west - Any - by Cheri - 03-29-2021, 08:12 PM
    RE: Catch that mirror way out west - Any - by Obscene - 04-27-2021, 03:13 PM