• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  winter just wasn't my season

It isn't that Tarian can't be sympathetic - he is capable of compassion - but the silver pegasus has never been lost. Not in the sense that @[Osiriis] is speaking of. As a boy, his future was preordained from a dynasty that went so far back that no horse could distinguish a time that Paraiso had a leader without Legado's blood flowing in their veins. His youth was planned out - days of lessons and learning, histories of battles and tactics, and then when he came of age, the sparring and the fighting techniques that had made his grandsire and great-grandsire such renowned warriors.

Then, there were days where Tarian learned the protocol of the royal court and the importance of the roles that each horse held.

Liam used to remind them that it was a good thing that serious, somber-eyed Tarian was the Heir because he would have made a horrible diplomat. He was far better at fighting than speaking and there was a grace to him on the battlefield that fled when his mouth opened. (In some ways, his fighting style and his social abilities were the same - quick, direct, blunt.) His brother would most likely laugh to see Tarian now, attempting at idle conversation.

When the other stallion mentions that he is from Tephra, the gray lifts his head curiously. He assumes the bigger brute doesn't share his dark humor or Tarian might have made another attempt at a joke, asking if the Western had made any sacrifices to the Volcano recently (is that how the sun returned?). He isn't entirely sure how to answer the other as debating the philosphical is not one of his strengths. So the pegasus simply tells her, "It's like no other place in Beqanna." It sounds rather cryptic and the statement could likely be applied to all areas of this land but it's true for Tarian. "Open sky, warm sun, only a few residents." These are all the things he enjoys most Loess and so these are what he shares with the palomino mare.

His idea of Paradise.

"Ruth?" he says, turning the name over on his tongue. It's a familiar name but the face is foreign to him. The word feels heavy - the weight of the word lingering from another lifetime and wanting to be lifted in this one. His rather stoic expression changes and he considers @[Ruthless]. "The last Ruth I knew was a skilled General," he tells her, and something in his stance changes. That Ruth had been a trusted advisor of his grandfather, had been a pegasus like Tarian and had shared the gold coloring that was so common in his fraternal bloodline. A spark in his dark eyes emerge and it compelled Tarian to ask them both: "would you like to know something else?"

Messages In This Thread
    winter just wasn't my season - by Ruthless - 04-13-2021, 06:59 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Osiriis - 04-13-2021, 08:26 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Tarian - 04-14-2021, 05:48 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Ruthless - 04-14-2021, 07:46 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Osiriis - 04-15-2021, 09:10 AM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Tarian - 04-17-2021, 05:47 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Ruthless - 04-18-2021, 10:47 AM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Osiriis - 04-20-2021, 01:14 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Tarian - 04-28-2021, 03:50 PM
    RE: winter just wasn't my season - by Ruthless - 05-01-2021, 08:50 PM