• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  show me who you are

The fog closes in around them and Beyza’s glow brightens but not as much as she wishes it would. She cannot magically enhance it to hurt him, she’s not sure she’d be able to hurt him at all - except to defend herself. There are too many rules in place around her own magic and she wonders what she would be like without them. How brightly she could burn if there was no heart inside of her.

But she will not find out because that heart ties her to three perfect lives that have changed everything.

Because she likes how real she feels when she is with them - like she has finally solidified and become alive after all these years of just being a ghost, a reflection of light.

His response earns a laugh from her, cold and mirthless, and her eyes continue to blaze as the electricity along her coat sparks with more intensity (though it is all for show and would not, she’s pretty sure, cause any harm if it were to be touched). “This is how the world should be, Jamie. And you’d kill me over wanting it?” She doesn’t say that she would like to see him try. She who had helped teach him how to use his magic, she who had been practicing with hers for longer. There is still a thrill somewhere deep in her at the idea of seeing him unleash all that he is so she can witness it. No fear, though - because she is certain that no matter how angry he gets, no matter how powerful, she will always be able to burn through the shadows and survive.

Her voice is quiet when she continues but it is more of a dare than it is a gentle request. “Do I mean so little to you now that the world isn’t darkness?” In the face of his fury, it is easier to swallow down the way her heart aches at this idea. There will be no timid touches, no blurring of edges for them now. So she pushes deeper, past that pain and into a fury of her own and spits out more words. “You did not deserve to have the world changed for you. Not at the price it came with.”

beyza

artwork by kharthian

@[jamie]

Messages In This Thread
    show me who you are - by Beyza - 04-13-2021, 04:28 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by jamie - 04-14-2021, 10:17 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by Beyza - 04-17-2021, 08:16 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by jamie - 04-20-2021, 10:32 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by Beyza - 04-28-2021, 04:26 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by jamie - 05-18-2021, 02:17 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by Beyza - 05-18-2021, 03:24 PM
    RE: show me who you are - by jamie - 05-19-2021, 09:35 PM