• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I could take the whole world with me

His face goes as dark as a thundercloud.

Tarian doesn't pin his ears or throw his head up - it never occurs to him to react that way towards Altissima. He's furious that she's found him this way, that not only has she somehow manage to get into Loess without his knowledge (where are those scouting talents of his now?) but she found him. The pegasus whips around and takes a step towards her.

And then another.

He comes close enough that he can see the speckled spots on her forehead. The Loessian can certainly see her eyes changing color. The violet shade was striking and it sparks something in the pegasus. "Perhaps I want to be called Moonbeam," he says to her. "Or what about Silver, for originality?" Tarian thinks of drawing out the words slower and putting the polish back on his speech, just to remind the pale woman of her common lilt. Oh, he's tempted.

But he doesn't think that @[Altissima] would care. She doesn't strike him as a mare insecure about the way she talks or what she says. The white woman certainly hasn't held back with him. It's an admirable trait, one that he might find more so if she wasn't presently gloating before him.

"Forgive me," Tarian states while he continues to look at the brightening aura surrounding her. Was she actually ... sparkling? "I thought Pangea would freeze over before you would ever come here." He might have said something more but then the thin control that the Champion had on his glowing slips again and he grows brighter, causing him to curse underneath his breath. "My face. My back. My legs. You can see every damn thing because there is no - ," he clenches his jaw, suddenly ending his rant, and Tarian lifts his head, directing the attention away from himself.

The nickname she had bestowed upon him earlier settles instead (because it is easier to think of that, because the light surrounding them reveals that his companion is far prettier than he remembers). An ear pricks towards her and the pegasus mutters, "Glow Worm?" His tone is almost disbelieving, "I've been called plenty of things before but you're the first to call me an insect."

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I could take the whole world with me - by Tarian - 05-01-2021, 04:37 PM