• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  but its wonderful to see that it never phased you

The light that meets the dark

Scars fade for Cheri. Maybe if they held onto her skin she’d be reminded more often of her shortcomings and how to overcome them. They’d sit like ragged badges of honor, always a glance away in case she needed them or someone else needed reminding of them. For her, it could be a good thing. But her healing is really all she has (or all she knows about in the present), and so she wears that like a badge of honor instead, holding it close to herself with pride while doling it out as often as possible. It would feel wrong of her to keep a gift like that bottled up, and she says as much to Tarian when he asks her.

“I have a gift I'd like to share with the world. Loess seemed like the perfect place to start. Honestly,” She pauses, struggling a bit to navigate the dry path that began to curve and wind uphill, “I’ve also got some family history here. Or my dad does, but he never talks about it.” She managed to grunt.

The secrets of the past haunted Yanhua, like so many other memories Cheri knows he’ll never speak about. They’re private ghosts to him, but she’s a curious horse by nature and her journey in life seems to draw her back to these hills and their history every single time. Everything she knew about her grandfather could be composed into a handful of words squeezed out of her relatives; the ones willing enough to share tidbits of information. She knew only that she had one, that he had lived in Loess once before coming to Taiga. That was it.

“He’d kill me if he knew, so I’m hoping he’ll never find out.” Cheri admitted sheepishly as one of her wings brushed up against a wall of striated rock. “What about you?” The young pegasus asked of her elder, “What keeps a warrior in a quiet Kingdom for five years?”

@[Tarian]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: but its wonderful to see that it never phased you - by Cheri - 05-17-2021, 02:51 PM