• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  She's A Mercenary With Perfume - Anubias

The light that meets the dark

It was the scuffling of clawed toes as they made their way up a tree that caused Cheri to look up again, bashfully happy. Between herself and Anubias, they might have been capable of making an emotionally receptive horse sick - or in their case, one receptive red panda annoyed. Today though, Cheri could care less. Anubias was still her friend after all and he apparently always would be, regardless of payback or not. That was something Cheri loved about him: his steadfastness. Just like he had back then, he was here for her now - no questions asked, nothing expected.

“You’re a lucky girl.” Her conscience reminded her, even if other horses would have her believe that luck was nothing more than privilege. Hell, maybe it was a privilege to have Anubias as her friend. If so, she should recognize that fact and start appreciating it more. “Beginning now.” The bejeweled mare thought.

“Don’t worry, I feel the same way.” She laughed gently, noting his attempt to reconcile a blunder that really wasn’t a blunder at all. “I mean it’s kind of why I hadn’t come looking for you before now.” Cheri shrugged her wings. With a downward swipe of her head, the petite fledging ripped up a fresh bout of reedy grass, chewing thoughtfully before swallowing to answer him.

“It felt logical.” She answered briefly, running her tongue over the backsides of her teeth to ensure nothing was left over, then continued on. “Close to home so I could visit there, a central Kingdom so I could venture in any given direction for some adventure if I wanted it ….” Cheri lingered for a moment, looking sideways and then back at Anubias before she stepped closer and lowered her voice.

“Most of all, I hear there’s secrets hidden there.” Cheri’s smile was a wicked one, though it could never upset her kind nature. “Once, I heard a story about an ancient cacti in the desert. Apparently it only blooms once every hundred years, and they say any horse who eats the bloom is transformed.” The black appaloosa pulled away again, winking. Of course ‘the desert’ could be anywhere, really. The Plains, Pangea, maybe even the beach … but Cheri wouldn’t spoil the atmosphere with silly things like technicalities. Not when she knew it’d be much more fun to conspire with Anubias instead.

@[Anubias]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She's A Mercenary With Perfume - Anubias - by Cheri - 05-17-2021, 05:55 PM